Mighty Vac fluid extractor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Originally Posted By: car51
Hello again and I'm pondering this Mighty vac fluid extractor. If anyone has one, let me know how you like yours and what you use it for and any pros or cons. I'm planning on using it for changing ATF, fear oil and other things a shame I read a lot of good about them

Thank you in advance and what do you guys think of this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/27328256?wmls...13=&veh=sem

This is worth its weight in gold....

Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VVtdybJJEX5TJ

That about sums it up.

I've used it to service a few transmissions, to drain the pan prior to dropping it, or to exchange or refresh ATF between pan drops when I'd rather not pop a transmission line. I've used it to drain radiators to get the level below the upper radiator hose to swap out thermostats, and a few other tasks. It works well for filling the transmission in my van with the M5OD transmission. I can put the ATF in the Miti Vac, put the tube in the transmission and fill it with ease. It beats pumping it in from quart bottles. Bottom line it was well worth the money.

That or the MightyVac 7400. Hmmm....

Having owned the 7400 previously, I don't recommend it. The pump is submerged in the oil tank, which often leads to seals getting busted at which point it becomes useless.

I got the one from wal Mart I linked. Works wonderfully also. $39~ so couldn't beat the price. Using it on a friends older K10 Blazer this weekend

I got the one from wal Mart I linked. Works wonderfully also. $39~ so couldn't beat the price. Using it on a friends older K10 Blazer this weekend

The price is great, I'd be interested in your feedback. If it's good I'd replace my Miti Vac with it if/when it dies.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
It works well for filling the transmission in my van with the M5OD transmission. I can put the ATF in the Miti Vac, put the tube in the transmission and fill it with ease. It beats pumping it in from quart bottles. Bottom line it was well worth the money.

Do you clean the Mityvac before filling? Or do you just figure that any residual fluid is only going to be a small quantity of old ATF and not some other fluid you've extracted.

I think I'll do this next time. I have been extracting ATF with my Mityvac but was filling slowly through a long funnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back