You guys need to be the first to get one

Status
Not open for further replies.
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Who is it marketed to? When auto manufacturers come out with a new product they usually target a certain type of buyer.

Obviously, the buyers of these type of vehicles want the look of a pickup without the utility of one.

I think the term is "lifestyle vehicle"".

Who is it marketed to? When auto manufacturers come out with a new product they usually target a certain type of buyer.
A Mercedes buyer.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Toyota Tacoma?
Tacomas are better quality!

I agree 200%!!

I wonder if they will all start to look the same like the current C, E and S class along with the GLC, GLE and GLS.

I'm not sure if I would want it. The current Nissan Frontier never got a legendary reputation like the first Nissan Frontier, the Nissan Hardbody, or the Datsun 720.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
That's what we need, an overpriced princess truck used to drive to and from the club.

HM....That's exactly the market.

I'll just buy a Tundra and put 10000.00 worth of bolt ons and feel better and have money left over to go mudding and deer hunting.Waiting to see a Mercedes Truck with a buck and beer in the back lol.

I got my answer... more of a non-answer. I think PeterPolyol is right. It's a princess truck.

Quote:
“With the X-Class, we will close one of the last gaps in our portfolio,” says Dieter Zetsche, Mercedes-Benz chairman. “Our target is to offer customers vehicles matching their specific needs. The pickup will set new standards in a growing segment.”

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
an overpriced princess truck

Haha exactly!! Then they'll decorate it with their pink dear head stickers and pink salt life stickers. Or like I keep seeing now,pink rain boots turned upside down between the cab and bed,and a pink sticker with their initials.

I'd buy it. If I needed a truck.

Priced right, they'll sell lots of 'em in Australia. The dual cab ute is very popular as a family car here, and people think nothing of spending $60,000 - $70,000 on a top of the line Ford Ranger, Toyota Hi-Lux, VW Amarok, etc. The Nissan Navara is a pretty good platform to base it on, I drove one recently and was impressed with the ride and handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back