Purolator L14610 vs NAPA Silver SFL31356

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is better? I'll be running PYB 5W-30 in a dusty climate, and will probably add only about 1500 miles in the next 6 months before I do another change.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
You need to worry about your air filter. Not your oil filter.

I tend to agree, for a healthy engine most reasonable oils filters should work fine. The air-filter keeps the outside dirt where it belongs, outside.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Go Napa Gold,Silver is just a Gold case with ProSelect filter.

The silver has about 10 percent more media than pro select.

2014 Mitusbishi Mirage ES CVT
Doesn't the manual call for 0w20 for this like my Outlander Sport?
I do use 5w20 in one and I have another I'm using 0W20
I have ran three OCI's in one with PYB 5w20 with great results- Fram Ultra

At 1500 miles and 6 months, I wouldn't change the oil or filter. You can go safely for at least a year, even with the cheap filter. As stated above, I'd worry more about keeping the air filter tight and clean.

Dusty climate would prefer base-end bypass. But modern filters have too small a form factor for this gizmo.

Try Honda pcx-004 or Gonher in my sig. Most Asian cars use same filter form factor(can)/ base , gasket, threaded hole: They are: Honda/Subaru/Nissan some Kia/Hyundai/some Mitsu.

My vote is Fram Orange can. Better filtration same cheap price. But I would be more worried about the air filter than the oil filter.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
2014 Mitusbishi Mirage ES CVT
Doesn't the manual call for 0w20 for this like my Outlander Sport?
I do use 5w20 in one and I have another I'm using 0W20
I have ran three OCI's in one with PYB 5w20 with great results- Fram Ultra

Yes, but I'm running my Mirage in a hot and dusty environment, and the engine clatters on 0W-20. It's nuch smoother running 5W-30 in winter and 10W-40 in summer.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
At 1500 miles and 6 months, I wouldn't change the oil or filter. You can go safely for at least a year, even with the cheap filter. As stated above, I'd worry more about keeping the air filter tight and clean.

Thanks, I change the oil/filter to keep up with the warranty.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
they are both made by the same company...use a fram ultra its synthetic and build quality is very good.

The changeover just happened, it'll be awhile before we start seeing Mann+Hummel made Wix/Napa filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back