There's one good reason not to buy FRAM Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Advance Auto parts in my home town must be in Canada because an Ultra for my Camry there is $17.99. : )

But that same filter is $9.99 at Walmart.

Still, a solidly constructed Hastings down at Fisher Auto for $4.50 is much more attractive.

+1 for Hastings. Baldwin too.

I AGREE. Was there today 10/24/16 xg3387a empty. For Other cars yes but not my 1999 Grand Prix.

Last edited:
Nobody seems to buy the fram oil filters at my walmart. They get old and then one day the shelves are restocked with new ones.it just seems to always repeat over.
The sorta new st filters and the motorcraft fly off the shelves . The Bosch seem to sale steadily.
I'm just a shopper at Wal-Mart so I dunno where all the old ones go. Not on a marked down rack though.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Advance Auto parts in my home town must be in Canada because an Ultra for my Camry there is $17.99. : )

But that same filter is $9.99 at Walmart.

Still, a solidly constructed Hastings down at Fisher Auto for $4.50 is much more attractive.

If you're running dino in the Camrys, then your OCI is probably only 5~6K. So use an Ultra for 2x OCIs and it's only $5 an OCI. It's a better performing filter than the Hastings.

or change every 3 intervals 3x 5000=15000

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They're never in stock. Every time I go to WM the spot on the shelf for XG3378A is always empty.

Order one on-line at walmart.com and have it shipped to your favorite Walmart for pick-up. Inspect it before buying, like you would if it was on the self. I carefully inspect every filter I buy, if I can. Rarely order on-line (like from Amazon). But if you did the Walmart on-line you could at least inspect it and return it right there if you don't like it when you go to pick it up.

I have stopped buying online also. I swear I think amazon.com send you seconds sometimes. Like you, I like laying eyes on what I'm buying insofar as some car parts are concerned. Plus, there's a really nice group of folks that work at the local ACDelco parts house near me.

Speak with the supervisor or manager of the department. Tell them it's been out of stock for X amount of time and to check inventory. Often times, they have inventory that's either lost or stolen so they have to zero it out to match physical inventory. Plan to spend 30 minutes babysitting them if inventory is actually off so they will go and find the missing filters or actively zero it out so it auto orders the filters for them. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a lazy stocker in that department and that's the only way to fix it. Otherwise, plan to not keep visiting that store.

I buy mine on eBay. But I have found it helpful to write an email to the WalMart store manager on the local store's site about chronically out of stock items.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They're never in stock. Every time I go to WM the spot on the shelf for XG3378A is always empty.

At Walmarts around me they are as common as flies around a dairy.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
That is stupid. They are always in stock at both of my Wally Worlds.

A walmart near me is the poorest stocked store I have seen, so I can relate to his problem.

Just go to the Walmart computer site and order your filters and oil. They will email you when it is available for pick up. No charge to ship to store and no hassel ordering. Ed

My son used to work at Walmart. The way a department is run the responsibility falls on the Manager of that department.

So if you have a poor or overworked manager these things can happen.

I agree with Eddie above. Do it per his suggestion and the problem is solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back