What oil 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe? V6 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if anyone has experience with the V6 hyundai engine? Sister just bought this car and id like to advise her on best oil/filter to use. From my short research it sounds like the OEM hyundai filters are a solid bet. But I come here for advice from the experts
wink.gif
on oil

welcome2.gif

One of my wife's aunts owns a 2013 3.3 V6.

Congrats to your sister on a fine vehicle purchase. The 3.3L V6 doesn't require anything special. Hyundai recommends API SM/ILSAC GF-4 so any current conventional will do. If she short trips the vehicle often, in very cold winter temps, a synthetic from any of the major brands might give you more piece of mind but isn't necessary. Pick a favorite brand and sleep well.

welcome to BITOG I have an older 2.7 l in a sonata and they are not to picky on oil just keep your maintenance up I have a timing belt on mine and I do it at 80 k intervals.

as for oil mine has been on QSGB ( quaker state green bottle ) since it factory fill came out and I have over 270 K on it now and runs great and I have good used oil reports on it

We own a 2014 Ultimate. Been using Kendall GT-1 Liquid Titanium synthetic 10w-30 year round for the last year. Great oil.

In the 2017 full size Santa Fe it is the 3.3 v6...Great engine.. Use a good quality 5w30 dino and you will be fine. You can also use synthetic its your choice..Im using Mobil 1 5w30 in mine now and always a Hyundai filter. Keep the receipts just in case of warranty issues.

Thanks guys for the help. According to the manual, 5W30, 5w40, and 10w30 can be used. My sister lives in a cold climate so I think 5w30 year round sounds like a good idea.

She bought it with hail damage, 17k with 4k miles; nice 16k off sticker price. Repair is quoted at 2.5k from a reputable body shop. Id say she got a good deal

Last edited:
Before she paints a new car with hail damage - check w a local Dent Master type guy. Get a quote or two, they can do amazing work on hail damage w/o paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back