oil filter for 02 7.3 diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing my tuck over to synthetic oil what would be the best filter to use.
wix 51734xe
Napa 1734 platinum
mobil 1
baldwin 7039
motorcraft 1995
donaldson
Dont plan on doing extended drains dont put over 5,000 miles a year on the truck plan on changing it once a year.What filter do you guys think is the best for a 7.3?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The 1995 is made by Purolator. I don't need holes in my filter

I might be banished for saying this, but I have not noticed any increase in engine failures since all the Purolator paranoia started. That includes quoting engines to shops. Last major 7.3L issue was when a customer in a Sportsmobile tested the redline limits and snapped a pushrod.

Motorcraft, don't use any of those expensive extended interval filters for a 5k OCI, waste of money. Baldwins are great diesel filters too and can usually be had pretty reasonably.

My '01 7.3 has never had anything but a MC filter on it. We put less than 5k a year on it so I just change it out every April when I do the oil. Never had a days trouble from the filter - and I run syn Rotella.

Motorcraft is as good as you will ever need. 20 years will be 1000,000 miles. Really a concern?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here. Motorcraft filters may be manufactured by Puro, but they're manufactured to Ford's specs and to meet Ford-specified quality.

They're an entirely different beast.

... Run the Motorcraft.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here. Motorcraft filters may be manufactured by Puro, but they're manufactured to Ford's specs and to meet Ford-specified quality.

They're an entirely different beast.

... Run the Motorcraft.
I'm not taking a chance. I'm assuming that the paper in them comes off the same roll as the other filters. Until proven different im not using them.

All of the filters listed are good, Fleetguard also makes one for your application. Just choose based on your price-point, paying more for a 5,000 OCI isn't going to equate to "better".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back