MC FL-2056 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a 2011 Chevy tahoe, 5.3 v-8 engine with I guess MC 5w30 oil. Put a tough guard and some QSUD 5w30 in and on. Off a older woman co workers SUV also. Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

24274p3.jpg

f265nk.jpg

20sixip.jpg

2em3ak2.jpg

15p1iq9.jpg

vrvhj8.jpg

9jf8zm.jpg

aua2yc.jpg

31778dg.jpg

2hn6dls.jpg

No base end bypass valve like most Motorcraft filters have.

Car51,

Boy you do a lot of oil changes! What do you do with all the drain oil? I sure seem to accumulate a lot just servicing my own vehicles! As usual thanks for the C&P!

I take it to local shop near me that has waste oil heater or in summer I take it to work as Safety Kleen picks up our used oil
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very fine. Thinking reason for dome bypass and nitrile adbv is this one for non FoMoCo applications. In this case mostly GM and Chrysler FCA.

Thanks for c&p.

Thank you for the cut and post... I stopped using Motorcraft 6 months ago and im glad i did. That one looked ok maybe a little too ok.. I still wonder how the flow is or is it in bypass a lot of the time..

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Thank you for the cut and post... I stopped using Motorcraft 6 months ago and im glad i did. That one looked ok maybe a little too ok.. I still wonder how the flow is or is it in bypass a lot of the time..

That one wasn't, as the louvers look well formed.

Other than some unimpressive examples of the 820 size, I have seen nothing of concern in Motorcraft filters. Still using them on the Focus and I sleep well at night.

Yeah I have the same exact quandary- I used the 820's and now won't. I also have a new car that takes your Focus filter,
right now I'm going with the ULTRA because the filter is hard to get too but I still have MC worries

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Other than some unimpressive examples of the 820 size, I have seen nothing of concern in Motorcraft filters. Still using them on the Focus and I sleep well at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back