dealer "tire expert" insists tires are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even back in the late 80's things got charged back, warranty parts had to be tagged and turned in, if the rep wanted to see it and it could not be found it was charged back to the dealer. Even if it was found - if the rep didn't agree the part was warrantable it was charged back.

Sometimes engineering would ask for something to be sent to them or place certain parts of an assembly on non orderable status and specify replacement of an assembly for testing.

On top of that parts departments don't like to hang onto things, especially things they are unlikely to move to someone else.

In short - I would expect a dealer to want to verify a warrantable part before ordering or committing to replacement. Though if it is a long trip you might try convincing them to let you send them a picture or something on an exception basis...

That would've irritated me too.

But at least the manager did the right thing. All to often nowadays even the people in charge don't do the right thing. I think the manager more than made up for the service given to you by delivering your car to you 60 miles away but he also should've.

If you do get a survey I would condemn the "tire expert" but praise the manager. He did the right thing and considering he had to pay the labor for two guys to bring your car, probably about 4 hours total, I'm positive the "tire expert" did not have a pleasant rest of his day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
A lot of so-called "experts" are schmucks nowadays.
lol.gif
'Schmucks'. Thanks for the ha ha. And not so untrue either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back