Buick Up, Honda And Subaru Down, Says Consumer Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
And FCA still bringing up the bottom of the pack as they have for their entire history, from Chrysler to Dodge to Jeep and Ram with Fiat thrown in for good measure.

Surprising that the Civic also got pushed off the recommended list.

Last edited:
Yea Buick has been making good cars for a little while now so I am not surprised. Many compete with the entry level Lexus cars.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
And FCA still bringing up the bottom of the pack as they have for their entire history, from Chrysler to Dodge to Jeep and Ram with Fiat thrown in for good measure.

10 least reliable vehicles (according to CR):
- Cadillac Escalade
- Ford Focus
- Jeep Renegade
- Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL
- Chrysler 200
- Tesla Model X
- Ram 2500
- Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
- Ford Fiesta
- Fiat 500L

So:
4x FCA products
3x GM products
2x Ford products
1x Tesla product

And the GM list actually affects 5 vehicles if you figure people shop GMC and Chevrolet separately.

Comically, GM is the only one to have a vehicle in the top 10. Audi has two.....

Good for Buick. They're making some pretty nice cars these days. I'm surprised full size GM SUVs are so unreliable, being that they are GM's bread and butter.

CR weighs infotainment glitches equal to a drive line failure...Many big GM's have that today and Civic has the same issue...My info system is far too complex to be on a dashboard touchscreen as your traveling down the road, I wrote an awful review to Honda's own survey, they need simplified reflash...lol I'm fine using 25% of it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

10 least reliable vehicles (according to CR):
- Cadillac Escalade
- Ford Focus
- Jeep Renegade
- Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL
- Chrysler 200
- Tesla Model X
- Ram 2500
- Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
- Ford Fiesta
- Fiat 500L

Arlington, Texas Assembly not looking so good (All 3 GM models are built there), GM lost there way by trying too make the Escalade/Suburban/Tahoe different than the Truck platform.

problem is the customers are not taught how to use the infotainment head and OS, learn on the fly while driving your new wheels..add in all the autonomous radar features on top of it and you have alot going on.. I keep an eye out for them.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

And yet my 2015 FCA RAM has had 1/4 issues of my last new GM product. My wife's 7 year old Focus has had less issue than the Tahoe I owned for 17 months.

I am liking how Buick and Lincoln have improved.

Seems like Honda and Toyota is just the same dependable vehicles. I have noticed that Ford(Lincoln) and GM(Buick) have stepped up the quality.

FCA and the CRysler are at the bottom, I would only consider a Jeep from them [censored].

I fly the globe - but grounded by small town values. At a local gathering - talked to a long term GM service guy. He said it was always the case that Buick was more reliable. In my mind - unless the plant was better - so many parts were the same. Could it be more mature drivers? Even the popular CUV has been leaning somewhat middle age. Still a younger group to work on? My 3 sons have run the big 3 hard - just no Buicks interested them.
Me? Time for an Enclave update and I'll go test drive ...

And as usual, zero consideration from CR when I buy a car.
You can't say how good a brand new redesigned car is going to be, that is why you wait a few model years before you buy, and that's all there is to it.

Yukon/Tahoe ? I laugh to think of the hundreds of thousands of trouble free and multifaceted miles I put on those with 4-6 passengers ... MPG was not the best - but I don't get the reliability part. Broken cup holder ?

CR has little credibility for me. In the paint section Behr paint is the number 1. Seems they use price point something fierce to choose. My CR is me going out and do my own research and I will figure it out without someone else telling me what to do or buy. I guess Buick could be beating Subaru or Honda.I mean Honda fell slighty from the top and Buick rose slightly from the very bottom.

Read your own profile and talk credibility - no, not you - many of you should. This site is loaded with this useless bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back