2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 - Penz plat 0-20 - 6k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya definitely thanks for all advice guys.
Ya from what i see 6k/500hr/15%OLM is what I'm going with whatever it hits first based on UOA and how it's wearing at moment I want to see trend after few samples and then maybe switch oils or shorten/extend drains.

One thing I'm very curious about too is why I want 6k trend is when I add bypass filter I'd like to see wear drop on 6k interval that's my goal, which really should be happening after it's installed.

Shata,

For all of my deployments I've just left the oil in and ran it to my normal OCI when I returned. Nothing abnormal has ever showed up on subsequent UOA as a result. My truck has a hair over 320,000 miles on it now so I'd say no real harm was done, at least none that the vehicle performance or UOA has shown. For one deployment I fogged the engine, the most recent one I didn't bother, no difference on either. I also did a double stabil dose and filled the tank to the top before parking. Good luck on your deployment. Safe travels!

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: BigD1
What happened to all the calcium?

This oil is not the same as the Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 that PQIA tested on 12/28/2015. I reckon the formula changed.

http://www.pqiadata.org/Pennzoil0W20dexos.html

I believe that first sample was GM initial fill from factory or dealer barrel 0-20.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Shata,

For all of my deployments I've just left the oil in and ran it to my normal OCI when I returned. Nothing abnormal has ever showed up on subsequent UOA as a result. My truck has a hair over 320,000 miles on it now so I'd say no real harm was done, at least none that the vehicle performance or UOA has shown. For one deployment I fogged the engine, the most recent one I didn't bother, no difference on either. I also did a double stabil dose and filled the tank to the top before parking. Good luck on your deployment. Safe travels!

That sounds awesome appreciate the input and your experience, stabile and a fill is most likely what I'll do. And disconnecting battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back