Quick Detailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried Pinnacle Souveran liquid wax. Goes on extremely easy. Supposedly adds some carnauba to the finish. Wouldn't use it on a badly oxidized car, but my car nearly always has a good coat of wax on it.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I have always had good luck with Griots products.
I really like their speed shine.
Griots Garage

Glad you like it because if you didn't or had issues with it the company will be of zero help most likely. Unlike some other top notch companies out there.

I disagree. I live 30 mins from the showroom they will take your car in a bay and show you how to use their product on your car for free. Twice a year they will refill you speed shine for you for free. I have exchanged a bottle of wax that was great for a different type. You are the first complaint I have ever heard about them

Originally Posted By: mkosem
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is good for me. Not slick like some, but sheets very well and plays nice with PNS.

--Matt

Yeap great product.

quick detailing on a dusty car us a great way to make a mess of your paintjob
car dusters as well,big NO NO

What? I've been using the California duster forever on so many different vehicles. Never had it cause any problems. You don't push down on it, just let it glide across the surface and it picks up the dust. It isn't for cleaning a dirty car.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
What? I've been using the California duster forever on so many different vehicles. Never had it cause any problems. You don't push down on it, just let it glide across the surface and it picks up the dust. It isn't for cleaning a dirty car.

Yep, and the whole point of a quick detailer is to provide a lubricant so you DON'T scratch the paint while you wipe away dust.

I'm not sure where some people get this stuff.

Folks who live in a dry climate like CO or CA might be able to "dust off" their cars without problems. Here, it's so humid most of the year that whatever falls on your car sticks and becomes part of this gummy mess that quick detail spray just sort of moves around. I use the spray to clean off bird junk and the like, but I don't try to clean the entire surface of my car with it. A rinse and spray with the Wax-As-U-Dry stuff once a week gives my car some protection, and cleaning off splotches of bird junk as soon as I notice them takes care of the rest.

Never noticed much difference in detail spray. Just grabbed something cheap off the shelf.

Also never noticed much utility. Lubricates clay I guess. Takes off bird poop in between washes. Otherwise, properly wash your darn car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back