Pleasant dealer experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took our 2005 Legacy turbo wagon to dealer for Takata air bag inflator recall.

I had them change oil beyond recall. Floored they did not suggest the kitchen sink as car has 205,000 miles. Instead the complimentary check sheet had every pass! I expected a whole laundry list of "issues".

The only oddity was them using conventional oil which i done always but slapping a 6000 mile oci onto it. I have always used 3750 miles.

No offense, but even if it's in great shape, they may have been trying to get it out the door ASAP at those miles. Motives vary by dealer, but service departments don't usually like high mileage or age cars.

Good to hear! Not all dealers are horrible. Our local Toyota dealer was great to work with earlier this year.

Great post. It's usually the poor experiences we hear about. I suspect the vast majority of dealer and quick lube visits are completely satisfactory if not pleasant.

When I took my Infiniti in for the Takata recall, the dealer acted similarly. I expected them to give the 13 yr old car a laundry list of repairs but besides mentioning a blatantly leaking radiator -- in a casual, BTW manner -- nothing.

Like 01rangerxl said, they probably didn't want to waste time printing an overpriced estimate they knew I would trash right after leaving.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Hmm. We might have to have your BITOG card revoked... Dealer changing your oil...

Lol

Cashed in a free oil change letter and wife was nervous about putting our 12 year old up front so we did the recall(3rd notice). We jamb three kids into this car.

All dealers are evil according to most on BITOG. Even though I have had a positive experience during my last several visits-our experiences must be an anomaly.
smirk.gif

The only exception would be used car dealers that sold nothing but Crown Vics-they would be praised upon.

Last edited:
On Saturday I took our STS in to the dealer where we purchased it to have the transmission fluid changed. It's a sealed transmission so it's not something I want to fuss with. The dealership was great-no "upsell" on anything, they simply did the work that I requested. Our original purchase experience was also great, as was the purchase of the vehicle we bought from them last month.

I think that there are a few dealerships around that have a deservedly bad reputation, but with a little research it should be easy enough to weed them out. I can't help but think that some of the problems also lie with the customer as well. It's just more proof that you need to take the opinions on discussion forums with a large grain of salt.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Great post. It's usually the poor experiences we hear about. I suspect the vast majority of dealer and quick lube visits are completely satisfactory if not pleasant.

^ this.
the ones that [censored] and whine about everything in life are always more vocal than the non whiners.it's all about getting attention, and drama.
bitog has many of these whiners. their threads/posts are comical.

whatever happened to antique ? I don't remember his last user name. he was the most vocal in these dealer threads.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
as was the purchase of the vehicle we bought from them last month.

[off-topic]
Pop_Rivit,
can you update us what you bought for the missus? Also impressions after one month?
Thank you
[/off-topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back