Full 1-OHD331 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was off my friend's '07 Honda Accord K24. No clue on what oil or what mileage. ADBV was very stiff. I think it was used for 9 months.

pBh1ewf.jpg

mn9LBI1.jpg

FTn9sDo.jpg

pE5a7yh.jpg

JvLmzzO.jpg

YfHpoGW.jpg

FOAfj1H.jpg

Last edited:
Must have been sub-standard nitrile on the ADBV. They shouldn't be super stiff after just 9 months of use unless the car was on the road for hours ever day over the OCI period.

car51, You're welcome.

ZeeOSix, substandard for sure. The car doesn't see much mileage mostly on trips less than 15-30km.

Thanks for cutting and posting and the time involved. I don't know if others are coming to conclusions about all these lesser known filters. I am, not to use them. OE (Toyota for me), or Fram or Wix is pretty much it. Maybe Purolator if they get their act together.
I would like to know how media is made. Seems it would be difficult to use resins to bind the fibers and have accurate porosity.

Originally Posted By: Arved
Just a general question: What causes the waviness of the media? Swelling from the oil?

Media that's not fully able to absorb the oil saturation and the media can't adequately hold the weight of that saturation causing it to bend.

Originally Posted By: Arved
Just a general question: What causes the waviness of the media? Swelling from the oil?

Moisture from products of combustion. Cellulose media adsorbs moisture, among other polar substances.

Looks fine to me. Most all my nitril ADBV's are stiff after 5k. I dont worry though... I ran some cheapo ST filters for 12k and no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back