Swapped out my Cabin Air Filter - 2010 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that I have not changed out the CAF in my 2010 Fusion since I bought it, roughly 42,000 miles ago. Since there's no way to know if the CAF was new when I bought the car, I can't say exactly how long it's been in use. Needless to say, it was very dirty.

Old one on the left, new one on the right.

wgtd0j.jpg

Really wish I'd thought to do it sooner.

Not really all that bad for 40K miles. I did mine for the 1st time at 65K miles and a third of it was caked solid with fluff and debris (ie ribs completely full).

Originally Posted By: Ded Mazai
It seems that the factory filter was installed upside down. Am I seeing it wrong? Can you make more pictures of the old filter?

It was installed the correct side up. Probably just the angle that made it look that way. Here are some more pics.

nh16qf.jpg

29nxo91.jpg

I think too that dryer , warmer climates get those filters dustier more sooner. On my 2014 corolla I went and changed both air and cabin filter at 20k miles. The cars air filter wasn`t hardly dirty at all, but the cabin filter had noticeable debris although it could likely have gone for more miles without much concern.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
I think too that dryer , warmer climates get those filters dustier more sooner. On my 2014 corolla I went and changed both air and cabin filter at 20k miles. The cars air filter wasn`t hardly dirty at all, but the cabin filter had noticeable debris although it could likely have gone for more miles without much concern.
Oh yeah, we have dust here in Phoenix. No wonder that thing wa so dirty, here's a picture I found on Google of a Phoenix dust storm. Happens weekly at least in the summer

Looks about right for the miles, I was at the Ford dealer last week , they charger an older couple $90.00 to change the cabin air filter. They didn't even use a gun for the stickup. I think I paid around $5.00 at rock auto for the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back