2010 Cobalt SS - Mobil 1 5W30 2983 mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first UOA:
Mobil 1 5W30 with AC Delco oil filter.

oilreport.jpg

Last edited:
8.27 cST @100. It is now a 20wt. I would not be happy about that. I thought Mobil 1 was supposed to handle high temps well?

Are Ecotec's are direct injection ?? That could easily explain the viscosity loss if that's what the motor is. I drove a rental 2015 Chevrolet Malibu that had an Ecotec motor that was a turbo as well. The car had good power for a 2.0L and a full sized sedan.

Cobalts for the most part were not DI engines (of that era, anyways). Though I want to say this year of Eco was turboed...

Still, solid UOA....

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Are Ecotec's are direct injection ?? That could easily explain the viscosity loss if that's what the motor is. I drove a rental 2015 Chevrolet Malibu that had an Ecotec motor that was a turbo as well. The car had good power for a 2.0L and a full sized sedan.

Mine has direct injection and VVT.

Well there's the that. Yeah I bet with that being the case it explains the viscosity drop.

Good engine, do you go wide open very often? I would switch to M1 0W40 and run 5k, then test again.

Any oil would give good results at that mileage unless there is a coolant leak or other failure present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back