It's Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the political types will pull their heads in.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/85667849/tribal-huk-abandon-shot-up-vehicle

They have cleared the town of 14 meth dealers, his car got shot up, and he lost an eye. Could be grandstanding and Hollywood drama...but losing an eyeball would be going a bit too far. They are auctioning the sledge hammer he used, with 14 knotches, for charity, money to go to the local kids. Now if they want P, they will just come up to this town, plenty here...just go to the house next door, she was on it, and probably back on again now.

NOT a fan of this vigilantism like what is happening in the Philippines. I was in NZ a few months ago and it seems like a nice country, I wouldn't encourage this behavior.

This is what is happening all over the world. Governments have turned their backs on their people. German and French gangs keeping peace in the streets, gangs and citizens clearing out drugs.

It will come to the US too.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
This is what is happening all over the world. Governments have turned their backs on their people. German and French gangs keeping peace in the streets, gangs and citizens clearing out drugs.

Starting to wonder as well...

Our police seem to be going the other way..turning into full scale military outfits.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: dishdude
What a dangerous line of thinking.

Huh? Would you rather our police not fight criminals?

He wasn't replying to you, but to the original poster. Perhaps suggesting that citizens should not be responsible for what goes on in their town?

The police are ineffective, largely due to their methods. Prisons are innefective and are a breeding grounds. If people stood up to drug dealers and made clear that they could either leave or die, there would be less drug dealers.

I support less government, and more citizen responsibility.

I support less government and more citizen responsibility, too. That's why I think all drugs should be legal. Problem solved.

In the last thread, before it got locked by these political types, Indylan asked...

Quote:
Is it common in NZ for gangs of any sort to be so public? In Ontario we never hear anything directly from any criminal element that I can recall.
Not sure if that's a good or bad thing?

Yes, they are very public. I don't bother to look, but if I did, I could see gang members everyday, if not in town, then riding down the highway outside work. In this Wiki page, it says New Zealand has more gangs per head than any other country. They are not really a problem unless you involve yourself in their world...I have, back in the '70's, and didn't have any problems, just friends to back me for life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_New_Zealand

Some photos of what we can see on the streets.

http://www.boredpanda.com/gang-member-portraits-mongrel-mob-new-zealand-jono-rotman/

This is what The Tribal Huks want out of their town.

Not quite.... trust me either a) the government will place such high taxes on the new revenue source that the black market with cheaper prices will still thrive or B) these criminal organizations will find a new way to make money. They won't just close up shop and say, " ohh well, we give up. Nothing more to do but just quit." That will not happen. Guruanteed.

Having stated that, I am not against legalization of drugs or at least greatly reducing punishing of drug users and petty street level dealers. I've read where street level dealers are only really making around $13-$15 an hour. That's not bigtime money by any measure. The truth is that these individuals are hoping to move up the chain to become wholesalers, or large regional suppliers. That's where the real money is. It's rather interesting that the growers of illegal drugs and the street level dealers are essentially poor. While the middle men are very very rich by comparison. I believe it would be far more important to go after those big money individuals than the entry level street dealers or drug users.

Only true crimes of violence against other human beings should be punished stridently. I know some people think that street level dealers are committing acts of violence against others by dealing the drugs to them. I believe that if there was no market for them then the dealer's would not have a role to fill. Now, it's abundantly obvious that the street level dealers commit acts of real violence in order to protect their turf or just robbing other dealers. Those true acts of violence must be prosecuted harshly in my opinion. But is someone has not committed an act of true violence then I say let them be a part of a diversion program. Our justice system needs to become more restorative versus being so punitive. Save the punitive side if the justice system for armed robbers, child molesters, rapists, murderers, terrorists etc.

Last edited:
We would still have the gangs, they fill a need in our society. They were here before they started controling the drug scene.

Okay negative nearly. Such optimism, sorry you live that world in your mind.

That's why I say a white mayor in black Chicago can't reduce crime. Only the black residents can cut down on crime in their neighborhoods.

Originally Posted By: Silk
We would still have the gangs, they fill a need in our society. They were here before they started controling the drug scene.

+1 Good point.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Open your eyes sweetheart, and you'll see it. I live in the real world... I'm not the one who is delusional.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Open your eyes sweetheart, and you'll see it. I live in the real world... I'm not the one who is delusional.

We're all delusional: All perceptions, positions, opinions and presumptions of knowledge are mentally-constructed, abstracted distortions of reality. The foolishness comes into play when we mistake perception with the reality that perception is supposed to represent.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
We're all delusional: All perceptions, positions, opinions and presumptions of knowledge are mentally-constructed, abstracted distortions of reality. The foolishness comes into play when we mistake perception with the reality that perception is supposed to represent.

Wake N' Bake, huh?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
If you legalized drugs, you would defund all that gang activity.
Except you would still have the zombie druggies stealing and robbing for their drug money . How many druggies are employed for very long? Duterte them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back