Mighty Vac fluid extractor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again and I'm pondering this Mighty vac fluid extractor. If anyone has one, let me know how you like yours and what you use it for and any pros or cons. I'm planning on using it for changing ATF, fear oil and other things a shame I read a lot of good about them

Thank you in advance and what do you guys think of this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/27328256?wmls...13=&veh=sem

Originally Posted By: car51
Hello again and I'm pondering this Mighty vac fluid extractor. If anyone has one, let me know how you like yours and what you use it for and any pros or cons. I'm planning on using it for changing ATF, fear oil and other things a shame I read a lot of good about them

Thank you in advance and what do you guys think of this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/27328256?wmls...13=&veh=sem

This is worth its weight in gold....

Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VVtdybJJEX5TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you use an oil extractor, I'd still want to drop the pan and replace the filter and clean the magnet.

If you have a GM tranny like a 4T65E, I put extra magnets inside the pan near the OEM one to improve wear metals pick up. One single ring magnet is too crummy to catch it all.

Remember, shift solenoids are electromagnets and will suck up ferrous wear metals, that stick inside and help cause delayed shifts, etc. Wear metals in the oil also causes valves to gall and stick in bores during a shift causing a P1811 code, etc....

Since doing this my OBDII code P1811 shift problems have reduced. I'm pulling my oil pan this week, I figured I found a few more spots to cram more magnets! Sounds lame, but magnets are expensive and no tranny filter can trap wear metals below 30 microns, most wear bits will be 10 to less the 1 micron.

Why do I bother? The root cause for my chronic P1811 code is GM design-defective ("cheap") spool valves in the valve body, I'd have rip it apart and rebuild with better parts from Sonnax.com....$$$ for the work plus a front wheel alignment....

I'll post some Pics during the week if you want.....

See ya

The heck with all that manual pumping. I want one of those 12 volt pumps.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a GM trans just a 2011 Asin ford auto transmission in a Focus. If I put magnets in pan what kind would I use? I have done one pan drop already also. Look forward to your pics. Thanks again

Originally Posted By: BigD1

You can use a vacuum cleaner to replace the pump.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, it popped up on a google search. I'm leaning towards the 7400 one though

I have that one. It's enough for all my needs. I'm going to buy the brake bleed/flush adapters for it. It's only $30ish on Amazon.com

I have a $5 pump from harbor freight, it's cheesy but it works for atf and power steering changes. I don't have anywhere to keep a larger unit.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

You can use a vacuum cleaner to replace the pump.

There's a true BITOG-er!

But, but, but,
i need my every 2 months exercise...
i cannot be a couch-potato forever.....

I'm kinda contemplating that $5 pump JamesBond mentioned as looks simple and like it would get job done. That or the MightyVac 7400. Hmmm....

Mine doesn't seal as well after 6 years of use. It works but it takes a little fiddling and the black plastic top started to develop some tiny cracks. There are rebuild kits available I believe. That said, it still works and is great tool. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine and will either rebuild this one or buy another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back