Complete Detailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 Chevy Teaverse which is dark blue & I have decided to do a complete detail starting with a clay bar. It's not got a lot of scratches,however, I feel a good cleaner wax finished with a synthetic wax will last longer & be effective.Is there really any difference in which brand you use as long as you do it right? Any knowledge & thoughts welcome.

Last edited:
Yes, there's a huge difference in products. One of the best cleaner sealants out there is Duragloss #501 at a reasonable price. Professionals use it, available on www.duragloss.com or Amazon. Here's a thread about it.

I've heard a lot of good things about Duragloss. Is it more of a liqid sealant. I've heard a little goes a long way.

Yes, that's true. Also skip the clay bar and get the Surf City Clayzilla at Walmart. I think the store price is $25 but the online price is $19.88. So print the page or show them the price on your phone for the price match. The product is very good and much easier to use than clay. Plus if you drop it just rinse off versus throwing away the clay if it drops on the ground.

Since you have dark blue with swirls you may want to try their SMR or Swirl Mark Remover. It has polishing agents and a sealant for protection. The other one, 501 is a chemical cleaner with a sealant. So use one or both however you see fit.
thumbsup2.gif

Yes it is but it's less money, comes with detailer and a money back guarantee. That one two punch with the 501 and SMR and the Traverse will be golden. Well protected and very shiny.

Awesome I've been wondering how those compare to Clay Bar Kits. I've thought about getting one & now I will try it for that price. How are they with removing contamination from paint compared to traditional clay?

Does Duragloss stain trim or is it more of a synthetic that won't stain.

Last edited:
The nanoskin type products are just as good at removing contamination. Plus they last longer since with clay the dirt stays with it. So it loads up with dirt.

Nope, zero staining with Duragloss products. Small, family run business started by two brothers that are chemists. I remember placing an order with them and asked for a sample of their Aquawax which is a spray sealant. They said sure no problem and sent me a full size bottle. Another time I traveled 20 miles to buy one of their polishes at a Federated Auto Parts store. After using it I found out it was very old product. The label didn't even match their current offering. They sent me a new bottle no questions asked.

Traverse looks very nice and these products will give it even more pop and protection! My cousin from Chicago has an 08 Saturn Outlook that I just rode in the other week. Nice suv that they bought new.

Lots of good products out there, lots of not so good as well. I've been a big fan of the meguiars line since you generally know what to expect and they are easy to find. Other better options if you want to look for them (and pay for them), though.

One cleaner wax I was REALLY impressed with was they M06 cleaner wax. Really did a nice job cleaning up light swirls and polishing the paint... but the wax protection was a joke. Still have a whole bottle and would gladly use it again, but you pretty much HAVE to top coat it with something else... Which IMHO makes it useless as a cleaner wax, why not just use a paint cleaner or polish instead?

Lately, my favorite cleaner wax is Griots garage One Step Sealant. Fantastic gloss, resonable durability and reasonable cleaning/polishing. Got a couple bottles for pennies at Advance Auto close outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back