Virgin Beck-Arnley 041-8162 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this one to cut open and share. Does anyone know who makes this one? Had a plastic cover over the base plate as well. This ones a 3614 or 5/1348 size.

2CqTzPo.jpg

CclYSjd.jpg

MTwROvV.jpg

WBfTO47.jpg

y0YhiIr.jpg

RGRqMy1.jpg

Holes ahoy in the center tube. Construction looks pretty good.

Originally Posted By: car51
Is it me or is metal seam a tad slanted? Maybe I'm just getting old
21.gif

No, you're correct. It does look a tiny bit slanted.. just enough to mess with your head. Pleats look slightly slanted too, but in the opposite direction, at least near the seam.

I have this exact filter currently installed on my 4Runner. My only complaint is the ADBV. Admittedly my truck is very sensitive to bad ones or weak ones, however I had no start up rattle for the first about 800 miles mostly in town with one trip about 250 miles each way on the highway. After my first 9 hour day on my road trip from Florida to Michigan the truck now has a start up rattle the persists with about 2800 total miles on the OCI now. Interestingly enough the Purolator Boss I removed that had a cut ADBV didn't make any start up noise in the 5,000 miles it was on the truck.

car51, It's slanted.

Tony10s, You're welcome.

SirTanon, Yeah, by the seam it is a bit slanted in the opposite direction.

FlyNavyP3, will you post it up after you're done your OCI?

Originally Posted By: Farmer
car51, It's slanted.

Tony10s, You're welcome.

Yeah, absolutely. I have a few more miles to go prior to pulling it out of service, will likely be mid to end of November but I will do a full C&P after I take it off. I currently have about 3,000 miles on this OCI with it, only about 85 hours though, mostly highway use this time.

Farmer, is this for a Korean made car?

B-A is a bit of a dice roll where you can often get genuine, original OEM parts. I just snagged a couple of Japanese Tokyo Roki black cans in Beck/Arnley packages for 1.86CAD each at Rockauto. PN BECK/ARNLEY 041-8054. They were branded with the Mazda logo and are about the same size as the S2000 filter.

The fact that all of the weight isn't just on the base plate (heavy gauge can), the filter came cello wrapped and the o-ring style gasket being pre-lubed reminds me of why I like Tokyo Rokis and what a quality filter really is. Just after receiving it, checked Rockauto again and the filters were being sold at regular price ~5 bucks. Too bad, I was gonna let everyone here know what a steal it was.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: Farmer
car51, It's slanted.

Tony10s, You're welcome.

Yeah, absolutely. I have a few more miles to go prior to pulling it out of service, will likely be mid to end of November but I will do a full C&P after I take it off. I currently have about 3,000 miles on this OCI with it, only about 85 hours though, mostly highway use this time.

As promised, filter cut with 5210 miles 115 total hours found HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back