BAD time to buy a TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wait. Whatever you want now will be cheaper in the future. If you keep putting it off, eventually what you want will be practically free.

Join a gym and watch all the tv you want while you're there exercising.
smile.gif

Most of the TVs on sale for Black Friday have something not ideal with them. Usually some spec is off like not as many HDMI inputs or 60hz instead of 120 or 240hz refresh.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Other than Black Friday, the best time to buy a TV is before The Supebowl.

Black Friday only if you want a low model TV that didn't sell the rest of the year and gets marked to its lowest possible price.

As said, really not all that good a time to buy a TV at all, unless you truly don't care what it is and are OK with buying the next available model, not the one you came in for. Use the Internet. Right on as to Cyber Monday.

The new Samsung model advertised looks great, I wonder how it performs. What is it, SUHD 4K LED?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: supton
I'd wait. Whatever you want now will be cheaper in the future. If you keep putting it off, eventually what you want will be practically free.

Put it off for five years now.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

Sounds like you should be able to do it for 5 years more.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: SumpChump

Sounds like you should be able to do it for 5 years more.
smile.gif

Working well for me on a BBQ.

Hold off till at least till the election is done. Don't need anything special to see how badly we will probably get screwed

Originally Posted By: QuinZ
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Other than Black Friday, the best time to buy a TV is before The Supebowl.

Black Friday only if you want a low model TV that didn't sell the rest of the year and gets marked to its lowest possible price.

As said, really not all that good a time to buy a TV at all, unless you truly don't care what it is and are OK with buying the next available model, not the one you came in for. Use the Internet. Right on as to Cyber Monday.

The new Samsung model advertised looks great, I wonder how it performs. What is it, SUHD 4K LED?
21.gif

I'm' just looking a 48inch vizion regular HDTV at walmart simething like $360ish.

Beware Black Friday TVs made just for Black Friday! They will have name brands but will be models made just to be dumbed down and usually hard to ever lookup or find parts for.

So many people buying flat screens.....there are loads of CRT TVs for free on the curb. Pick a big one and the price will be $0.

I had a working CRT TV in my car and offered it to a gas station attendant. He said he needed a set but declined when he saw it was "big".

How big of a TV are you buying?

The time for buying something this low priced is when you want it.

Unless you need the 4k with curved screen, I would say buy what you want.

Just put a 40 inch LED in my moms house for $179. They are all over newegg, amazon, anywhere.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
How big of a TV are you buying?

The time for buying something this low priced is when you want it.

Unless you need the 4k with curved screen, I would say buy what you want.

Just put a 40 inch LED in my moms house for $179. They are all over newegg, amazon, anywhere.

Looking for a Vizio 46-48 inch. Currently watching about a 36inch CRT with great color and darks but just cannot see any of the scores or details of HD native content. But it shows the old mash shows and andy Griffith waaaay better than on an HD which exposes all the data crushing by my cable company Charter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back