Wheel/Rim Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you tired of letting someone (wife, kids, friends, etc.) drive your nice ride, with super nice rims/wheels on it, then, they bring it back with scuffed up wheel/rim edges? Or, you accidentally park to close to a curb and hit it with the tire/rim. Then you NEED this product! I was watching VELOCITY CHANNEL this AM and a car show had these guys on it showing off their product. Check it out in the link below. BTW, I have NO ASSOCIATION with this company at all! I'm just a hot rodder/gear head passing on a great product, IMHO!

https://www.alloygator.com/

Is there a video that shows how they look on the rims?

It would be nice if they had a tool that shows you how the pink rings would look on my caravans rims. ROFL.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I'm just a hot rodder/gear head passing on a great product

That's cool, what kind of hot rod do you have?

Originally Posted By: JC1

It would be nice if they had a tool that shows you how the pink rings would look on my caravans rims. ROFL.

pink wheel rings. lord help us.
what's next ?
accessorize the wheels. maybe eyelashes fixed to the rim center, to match the ones over the headlights.or, stuffed animals fastened to a rim spoke with cable ties.lots of possibilities.

If you watch Wheeler Dealers, ( which is probably they show the OP is referring to), Edd put a set of these in red on the black fox body mustang convertible in the most recent series( to air in the US, UK is ahead of us)

There are tires with built in wheel flange protection. Many low profile high dollar Michelin and Goodyear tires for have them.

The original tires on our old Mazda were 195/50/16. The rims were highly susceptible to curbing. When the original Dunlops were shot after 30,000 miles, I went to 205/50/16 tires. The speedometer and odometer became more accurate and worrying about curbing rims are now a thing of the past. I know some cars have issues going with a slightly wider tire, but if one can install a slightly wider tire, oftentimes it is your best defense against curbs. skyactiv has a great pic illustrating this.

Quote:
[/quote]
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
BlueOvalFitter said:
I'm just a hot rodder/gear head passing on a great product

That's cool, what kind of hot rod do you have?

None. In my younger days, I built engines, street rods, test & tuned and raced 1/4 mile.
My last project was (The year 2010) an 84 GMC SWB 1500. It was a SLEEPER!
Stroker 383 SBC, 10.5:1, solid lift cam, butterflied heads, Turbo 400/10" 4200 stall converter, reverse manual shift body (I used FORD type F trans fluid in it), 12 bolt posi-3:73 gears, Weld wheels, etc. etc. etc............

Originally Posted By: yeti

what's next ?
accessorize the wheels. maybe eyelashes fixed to the rim center, to match the ones over the headlights.or, stuffed animals fastened to a rim spoke with cable ties.lots of possibilities.

Yeah, all that's possible that you speak of. I just thought I was doing a good thing to try and help someone out.
BTW, you left out curb feelers on your wish list.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: yeti

what's next ?

Yeah, all that's possible that you speak of. I just thought I was doing a good thing to try and help someone out.
BTW, you left out curb feelers on your wish list.
smirk.gif

curb feelers. o.k. ONLY if they're a purty pink to match the rim rings.

I wish i would have bought a set of these in silver when my wife started driving the Corolla. She seems to use the wheels as curb feelers... I already had all 4 wheels repaired to get rid of the curb rash, but I recently spotted a new 4" scratch on the RR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back