Wix 51064, 110 Hours. Tear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used this for about 110 hours on a John Deere 4700 with Delo XLE 10W-30. Kind of disappointed that it tore. Filter uses a cheesy sheet of nitrile as an ADBV conjunction of the flat spring to push it against the baseplate. Used a Napa Gold 1064, hope this one doesn't tear again.

VzkpqQD.jpg

SLp4NZD.jpg

cn1D5Ie.jpg

tYH3KMp.jpg

SbfOqol.jpg

1euWMmj.jpg

qclgOi6.jpg

ORj1TLM.jpg

This filter doesn't have typical WIX construction. Interesting.

Can you cross reference this to an auto filter?

dlundblad its similar to a Wix 51334, but with a higher bypass spec.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
From The Makers Of Purolater !!
Another filter to never use anymore.

Quiet down fool, you don't even have an application for this filter. Every other Wix/Napa Gold I've shared on here did not have any flaws.

Last edited:
The 51334 is around 12 PSI. You shouldn't have any issues running it, but I understand running the spec'd filter too.

I might try a Ultra equivalent of a 51334 next time around. Maybe that wont tear or will it?

Originally Posted By: Farmer
I might try a Ultra equivalent of a 51334 next time around. Maybe that wont tear or will it?

Try an Ultra ... you won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What is the date code?

It says

041515 assuming April 15 2015. Followed by AQ2, 0228.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The 51334 is around 12 PSI. You shouldn't have any issues running it, but I understand running the spec'd filter too.

The bypass valve setting for Wix #51334 / NAPA Gold #1334 is 8-11 psi.

Wix 51334 and NAPA Gold 1334 are spec'd for my Elantra. All of the NAPA Gold/Wix filters I have used have been pre-Mann+Hummel, and the ones I have on hand are as well, if that really makes a difference.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
....Quiet down fool, you don't even have an application for this filter. Every other Wix/Napa Gold I've shared on here did not have any flaws....

Kudos to you for setting the record straight and the fitting identification of the source of the inane comment. Further corroborated by your notation that Wix/NG you own and use are pre M&H acquisition filters.
smirk.gif

As noted, I would give consideration to using the more automotive application of the topic filter the 5/1334. You get a typical Wix/Napa Gold silicone adbv and thread end bypass, the latter being less important. I don't believe the bypass psi spec difference to be significant. And I note in addition to Honda and Hyun/Kia vehicles, it has Deere and many other tractor applications listed as well.

Just wondering the period of time it took to accumulate the 110 hours?

Tony10s, you're welcome.

Sayjac, I do have one Wix 57899 that's a updated M&H filter. I'll run it next OCI to see if it tears or not. It's strange I search my tractor make and model on Wix's site and it recommends me either 51334 or 51064. I'm going to use a Ultra for the next OCI after this 1064. It took one year for the 110 hours. It's not used as much as the other ones. Usually they see about 50-500 hours annually depending on each tractor and application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back