2007 Nissan Qashqai 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers!

Traded in yesterday my 2006 Skoda Octavia Estate 1.9 TDI for a 2007 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 crossover. Skoda had 165k miles and Nissan has 75k miles on the clock. Engine is HR16DE.

Nissan has a full service book although I cannot see what oil/oils have been used. What to use from now on puzzled my mind unti I got home and had a chance to go through the owners manual - it seems that as long as the stuff you put in the engine is fluid it really doesn't matter what you use. Which is nice.
grin.gif
I probably will think about this for a week nevertheless.

Nissan1.jpg

Nissan2.jpg

Looks like just about anything is ok.

Do you anticipate high speed driving or any towing?

No high speed driving considering this 1.6 and Finnish traffic law enforcement.
grin.gif
Very seldom light towing with a small practically empty trailer.

I always like meeting in the middle per se. They recommend 5W30-20W50. I'd go with a good 40 wt.

I had a Nissan note with the same engine ( HR16DE) great reliable little engine with a good powerband. I used total 5w-40. After 100.000 km it was clean under the valvecover. And the intake valves was clean as a whistle. I know that because you can look strait in to them after removing the intake manifold for spark plug change.

My rather short list at the moment is:
Total Quartz 9000 Energy 0W30
Shell Helix Ultra 5W40
Shell Helix Ultra 0W40

Of these Shell 0W40 would make sense as that is what I have in my TT as well.

It does say 5W30 is preferable, which makes me think of Edge 5W30 A3/B4.

Which is not that far from a typical 0W40, which is on the thin side for a 40 grade, close to a heavy 30 grade, plus it offers better cold starting.

You run Shell Ultra 0W-40 in your TT, that's a good place to start. The Total Quartz 0W30 would be my second pick.

In what part of Finland do you live? Bceause if you live in Helsinki you'd be fine with Shell Helix 5w40 , however if you live somewhere it's really [censored] cold like Sodankylä you'd be better off with the 0W40

I'm on the west coast so indeed 5W40 would do just fine. 0W40 is on table because I already use it in TT.

Castrol site advises to use Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A5. The Edge 5W30 product line appear to be now ACEA C3.

Hi!

I had a Nissan HR and I used LiquiMoly TopTec 4200 5w-30 - expensive but great oil!

You can use Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A5 or ELF SXR 5w-30 for example.

I would probably use Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5w30 which is a C3/SN oil.

Though as mentioned good old Castrol Magnatec 5w30 A5/B5 would work.

Possible consider Mobil Super 3000 X1 FE 5w30 which is an A5/B5 but also has low SAPs, I used that oil in my Mk3 Mondeo Tdci and my Volvo V50 2.0D

Hi
My dad has the same engine in a nissan tiida
He uses 10w40
But a lot of people here (caribbean) uses 10w30.
Hottest temp here does be around 34 degrees Celsius and coldest is around 25 degrees Celsius.

Thanks for all the comments.

We changed the oil (Shell Helix Ultra 0W40) and winter tyres today.

What Winter Tyres have you gone for?

I have used Goodyear Ultragrip 8 and currently Nexen Winguard Snow G WH2 which for a fraction of the cost of the Ultragrip are very good.

The car had Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 studded tyres as winter tyres.

If it had come without winter tyres I would have bought Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice 2 friction tyres. Winters around these parts have become rather mild and dry so friction tyres have been best option for me. I have been using Goodyear summer tyres for a while now in several cars and I like them a lot.

Goodyear-ultragrip-ice2-92-1442900536.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back