01 Tahoe tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Getting tires in the next 2 weeks. I have a set of Roadrunner APT Plus (Cooper) on them now. Unfortunately, I am going to get about 38k out of a 50k tire (rotation every 5-7k).

They are currently discontinuing them at Mills FLeet Farm, and the price for 265/75/16 is $99.99.

I originally was going to go with the Cooper AT3, as I believe the RR is slightly over matched for a Tahoe. The AT3 is $139.99. The Coopers have a $70 MIR and a $50.00 gift card. This puts both sets of tires within about $10.00 of each other.

The only reason I am even considering the RR is that I am tentatively planning on selling the Tahoe next year....

My real question is - what mileage are people getting out of the AT3 tires?

Thanks.

Those tires (Road Runner APT Plus) are not LT tires (standard-load 116S) and carry a 500 UTQG rating, right?

Difficult for something like that to rack up the miles under a 6,000lb. Tahoe.

Yes, both sets for comparison are P rated.... never even considered LT tires for a SUV that rarely tows (small fishing boat).

Yeah, you want LT tires.

I had a friend who had access to a flow of OK passenger car tires which had been taken off trade-ins at a better quality dealership.
Even he got tired of swapping out free rubber.

Ran two sets of P265's on prior Yukon and then went to LT - ruined the ride quality ...
Tried LT's on my Canyon - rode bad and tail end loose on gravel roads. P285 AT are back on it now.
LT's are perfect on F250/2500 - but not always going to be your cup of tea on lighter duty vehicles ...

Funny you mention that; I've heard guys that hate the wallowy ride of these Tahoe's switch over to LT's to help tighten things up a bit.

That is what I understood as well. Do any Tahoe/Yukons or 1/2 ton pickups even come with LT tires?
I'd think the ride in a Tahoe with LT tires would be way too harsh.

quote=4WD]Ran two sets of P265's on prior Yukon and then went to LT - ruined the ride quality ...
Tried LT's on my Canyon - rode bad and tail end loose on gravel roads. P285 AT are back on it now.
LT's are perfect on F250/2500 - but not always going to be your cup of tea on lighter duty vehicles ...
[/quote]

You can option in LT tires on most half ton pickups now as some sort of maximum towing package here or there. Most of the trucks sitting on dealer lots have Pmetrics on them.

Wanted to bump this up.

Are the Cooper AT3s reasonably quiet on the highway?

Any mpg difference between these and a more highway oriented tread? Example Cooper HT, Cooper SRX, other brands...

Thanks.

Ended up going back with the Roadrunners, as i got them for 95.00 a piece

Mile Treadwear Protection Limited Warranty: 50,000
Speed Rating: S
Service Description/Load Rating: 116
Load Range: None
Sidewall: White SideWall
Tread Depth: 11
UTQG Rating - Treadwear-500, Traction-A, Temperature-B

I noticed the load rating on my prior set was 111, now it is 116

Status
Not open for further replies.