Pirelli Scorpion 15 Highlander

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've narrowed down my tire search to either the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus or the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. Either of these seem to be the "best bang for the buck" tires on Tire Rack. I've also chatted with a couple guys on TR and have been recommended either of these tires multiple times (more so the Pirelli's)

Does anyone have any reviews of these tires? They'll be on a 2015 Highlander that is my wife's DD. No snow, just rain. Just for extra info, my mom got 70,000 miles out of her OEM Alenza's on her 2011 Tahoe. Replaced with the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion about your choices but if you're buying the tires soon get them from Discounttiredirect on ebay. They have a $100 coupon code for any tires bought over $400.

If your looking for unsolicited, opinionated recommendations, I say forget the Pirellis and buy Continental Pure Contacts. Ive been married to an Italian for over 30 years and I can tell you from personal experience that they are ALL talk, NO substance. I dont want a Fiat. Porsches are better than Ferraris. Avocado oil is better than olive oil. Cabernet is better than Sangiovese. And Salma Hayak is prettier than Sofia Loren. If you still want to buy Pirelli tires,a year from now when you wish that you hadnt.... dont say I didnt tell you so

Whatever you do DO NOT get Bridgestone Dualer. Have them currently on BMW X5 (came with the car, and higher class then Alenza) and they are horrible in rain. Scorpions are two steps above!

Put a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus on daughter in laws Cadillac SRX. 5,000 miles in...still smooth, quiet with decent handling (sidewall slightly softer than Michelin they replaced). No rain or snow to date....

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Whatever you do DO NOT get Bridgestone Dualer. Have them currently on BMW X5 (came with the car, and higher class then Alenza) and they are horrible in rain. Scorpions are two steps above!

how is the Dueler a higher class than the Alenza? The Alenza is in the Dueler class of tire.

With the Pirellis, interestingly enough, when TireRack tested the Verde All-Season, then later the All-Season Plus, they complained about the reduction of the handling in the rain, most likely due to new tread compound to increase the wear rating.

I've only owned one set of Pirelli's - P4's on a Forester. I had well over 100k on those tires when I got rid of it. I had to keep looking in the glove box to check when I got the tires. Yes, They were that good.

Have owned both.

HATED the Bridgestones - as in, will never own another Bridgestone tire again for the rest of my life. Wet traction was HORRIBLE, and snow traction was even worse. They did wear very slowly I guess. These came on my wife's previous SUV, and could not get them off fast enough.

The Pirelli's I currently have on my truck. Ride well, decent traction all around. They are wearing a bit faster than I would have liked...but I also recently got an alignment that seems to have helped with that. They are a bit louder. I probably will try something different next time, but I don't regret the decision as I got a good deal on them.

I've owned a few Pirelli'S and the only ones I've disliked are the Pzero Nero. Right now I have the Cinturato P6s and they've been great. The knock on Pirellis have always been that they get louder as they wear. Mine are at nearly 40,000 miles and need replacing as they are getting loud and the rides getting choppy.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: edyvw

how is the Dueler a higher class than the Alenza? The Alenza is in the Dueler class of tire.

With the Pirellis, interestingly enough, when TireRack tested the Verde All-Season, then later the All-Season Plus, they complained about the reduction of the handling in the rain, most likely due to new tread compound to increase the wear rating.

Sorry, forgot to put H/L 400. They are HP Dualer tire comapre to Alenza.

Only three weeks ownership but very happy with Pirelli Scorpions Verse AS on a Acura MDX.

Much happier with them over Michelin latitude and Nokian WR G2 SUV installed prior.

When I was buying tires for my escalade, I choose the Pirelli scorpions and have been happy w them. I have about 8K miles on them. And they were about $300 more (4 tires) than the scorpions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back