VW G 055 532 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed out the Manual transaxle fluid at 1200 miles in my new Audi A4. VW/Audi G 055 532 is the specified manufacturer's fluid for replacement. This is for the latest series of A4. I don't know what other Audi/VW models this goes in. The overall shifting quality is mildly notchy but better with warm up and particularly better when outside temps at 95+ deg F. I was anticipating this was going to be sub 7.0 cst fluid, but was surprised. This was run at Blackstone labs.

UNIT ID: 16 A4-GEAR OIL

OIL

REPORT DATE: 10/20/2016

TVirgin Oil
MAKE/MODEL: OIL TYPE & GRADE: VW G 055 532
UNIFUEL TYPE: OIL USE INTERVAL: Miles
Virgin gear oil- VW Audi G 055 532

COMMENTS: This sample of virgin gear oil is in serviceable condition. The main additives are molybdenum,
boron, calcium, and phosphorus, along with a few other trace elements. The viscosity was fine and nomoisture or insolubles were found. This oil should work well in your A4.

ELEMENTS IN PARTS PER MILLION
MI/HR on Oil
UNIVERSAL
AVERAGES
MI/HR on Unit UNIT /
Sample Date 10/7/2016 AVERAGES
ALUMINUM 0
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 0
COPPER 0
LEAD 0
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 232
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 0
BORON 127
SILICON 8
SODIUM 2
CALCIUM 101
MAGNESIUM 1
PHOSPHORUS 1982
ZINC 1
BARIUM 0

Values
Should Be*

PROPERTIES
SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 52.4 49-56
cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 8.01 7.0-9.4
Flashpoint in °F 405 >400
Fuel % -
Antifreeze % -
Water % 0.0 0.0
Insolubles % 0.0 TBN
TAN
ISO Code

That might have been over kill. I put 95K on my jetta before I replaced it. Drives fine. Some people never even replace it. Although I put Amsoil GF4

Yes, I'm sure most would agree with you. The early change is an old school BMW maintenance service. I have owned more BMWs, just this one Audi. But, the shift quality is better with the new fluid.

most OE lubricants are not worth the $$$$, my 01 jetta had shifting issues with OE as well as amsoil but Redline MT-90 works good. i traded in at 200,000 + bought a lo mile audi TT 225Q roaster, another shifty but the 6 spd O2M said to be better than the problem syncros in the 5 spd O2J, put MT-90 in that as well. a vw-audi-porsche specialty shop that rebuilds trannys for the dealers recommended changing out the tranny-transaxle lube more than OE recommendations as it takes a beating!!!

Another mid-viscosity MTF with about the same viscosity as Dexron III/Mercon.

You could use any of the following:

Castrol Syntrans V FE 75W-80 8.0cSt

BG Synchroshift II 8.2 cSt

Valvoline MTF (Part Number 811095) 9.2 cSt or the

Pennzoil Synchromesh 9.5 cSt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back