Milestar ms932 opinion's and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
There are a few things that there are no other options than a made in China-electronic gadgets, just about anything at Walmart, etc. However, when it comes to something as critical as tires there are plenty of better options than rolling the safety dice with a made in China product. Safe to say you'll not find them on anything I own.

If you can afford a new car, and you can afford to make payments on it, then you should be able to afford quality tires when the time comes.

What dictates quality if they are as good as he says then they would be quality at an affordable price.

Why would anyone trust that they are as good as he says? Rolling the dice on a key safety item is silly when better quality with better deals can be easily found.

Well he owns a business and is well known and is known for honesty. His lively hood relies on his reputation I doubt he would risk it pushing a subpar tire

Originally Posted By: Miller88
If you put them on a Subaru, I think a few people would pop a gasket or two! haha

Well, the car certainly would...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
There are a few things that there are no other options than a made in China-electronic gadgets, just about anything at Walmart, etc. However, when it comes to something as critical as tires there are plenty of better options than rolling the safety dice with a made in China product. Safe to say you'll not find them on anything I own.

If you can afford a new car, and you can afford to make payments on it, then you should be able to afford quality tires when the time comes.

What dictates quality if they are as good as he says then they would be quality at an affordable price.

Why would anyone trust that they are as good as he says? Rolling the dice on a key safety item is silly when better quality with better deals can be easily found.

Well he owns a business and is well known and is known for honesty. His lively hood relies on his reputation I doubt he would risk it pushing a subpar tire

Owning a business means he has to make a sale, and has a variety of tires to meet peoples' price points. That includes questionable third world tires.

I'm not saying that you have to buy fancy Michelin tires,,contrary to other posts. But I'd look at getting a deal on more reputable tires than what amounts to a no name brand...

Owning a business means he has to make a sale, and has a variety of tires to meet peoples' price points. That includes questionable third world tires.

I'm not saying that you have to buy fancy Michelin tires,,contrary to other posts. But I'd look at getting a deal on more reputable tires than what amounts to a no name brand... [/quote]

I used the tires. One run about 300 miles in 100 plus heat. Have you - to have such a opinion? Hot air is in abundant supply here on BITOG.

Last edited:
So a little update on the milestar tires. I did go ahead and get them and have to say they are quiet. They ride a little firmer than the kumhos they replaced . They handle alot better they have tons of grip, even in the rain they held the road surprisingly well. They didn't require very much weight to balance either. So far I am very happy with them.

So a little update on the milestar tires. I did go ahead and get them and have to say they are quiet. They ride a little firmer than the kumhos they replaced . They handle alot better they have tons of grip, even in the rain they held the road surprisingly well. They didn't require very much weight to balance either. So far I am very happy with them.

That was my experience. They were many times quieter than the Michelin MXV4 that were replaced. Next time someone states about how marginal off-shore tires are-they should state if they are Union members first....put things in perspective. IMHO!

Last edited:

Glad to hear this. I'm very curious to hear about how they perform for you in the longer term. Based on the reviews for this tire on discounttiredirect.com, I must say I expect that they will do quite well. I was looking at these tires the last time I replaced the tires on my Fusion, and I came VERY close to buying them. The only reason I didn't was because Cooper ended up coming out with an extremely attractive promotion at the same time DTD also put forward a large discount AND rebate which actually made the RS3-A tires less after all rebates, etc..

Reviews for the MS932 in my Fusion's size are an 8.8/10 for 2 reviews, from people who mounted them on a Ford Fusion, and an 8.6/10 for 43 reviews, for all cars. IMHO, this is a pretty strong supporting argument that the tires are worth buying on a budget.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
ram_man said:

Glad to hear this. I'm very curious to hear about how they perform for you in the longer term. Based on the reviews for this tire on discounttiredirect.com, I must say I expect that they will do quite well. I was looking at these tires the last time I replaced the tires on my Fusion, and I came VERY close to buying them. The only reason I didn't was because Cooper ended up coming out with an extremely attractive promotion at the same time DTD also put forward a large discount AND rebate which actually made the RS3-A tires less after all rebates, etc..

Reviews for the MS932 in my Fusion's size are an 8.8/10 for 2 reviews, from people who mounted them on a Ford Fusion, and an 8.6/10 for 43 reviews, for all cars. IMHO, this is a pretty strong supporting argument that the tires are worth buying on a budget.[/quote

If they'll last 30-45,000 miles and handle good and are quiet and predictable what more can you expect? I'll be happy .

Sometimes with cheaper tires, the siping dissappears once they start wearing a little bit.

Check in once you get 15,000 miles or so on them.

Quote:
If they'll last 30-45,000 miles and handle good and are quiet and predictable what more can you expect? I'll be happy .

How about paying $100 more per set and having "great" handling instead of "good". Expensive tires make my ride handle like a sports car. $25 more per tire used over the span of 3-4 years...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Quote:

How about paying $100 more per set and having "great" handling instead of "good". Expensive tires make my ride handle like a sports car. $25 more per tire used over the span of 3-4 years...

Yawn..................
cry.gif
I know it's hard to believe--but $100.00 is ALOT of money to some folks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Quote:

Yawn..................
cry.gif

I could have spent more but if spending more doesn't equate to a better product than what's the point? You can assume your more expensive tires handle better but how do you know? These are pretty impressive

Yawn..................
cry.gif

I could have spent more but if spending more doesn't equate to a better product than what's the point? You can assume your more expensive tires handle better but how do you know? These are pretty impressive

Another $120 would have put you into a set of the Pilot Sport A/S3+ tires. So if spending more wasn't an issue, why didn't you?

I'm not saying these are bad tires. I am however saying that basically all of the reviews I've read point to the price being the primary driver behind the purchase. There are a ton of reviews at the Discount Tire website to that effect:

Discount Tire Direct review of Milestar MS932

I agree with CKN mostly in that to some people that extra $100-120 can be a big deal. And if it is, then that's fully understandable. But to say it is not a big deal; to imply that price was not a significant motivator in your decision to buy the less expensive tires but then try and justify it by saying that a more expensive tire, one that could be in a completely different category (like a UHP) might not be better, well....
21.gif

I'm also not saying you need a UHP. You probably don't. I'm just pointing out that your words seem to betray your actions here to some extent.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yawn..................
cry.gif

Another $120 would have put you into a set of the Pilot Sport A/S3+ tires. So if spending more wasn't an issue, why didn't you?

I'm not saying these are bad tires. I am however saying that basically all of the reviews I've read point to the price being the primary driver behind the purchase. There are a ton of reviews at the Discount Tire website to that effect:

Discount Tire Direct review of Milestar MS932

I agree with CKN mostly in that to some people that extra $100-120 can be a big deal. And if it is, then that's fully understandable. But to say it is not a big deal; to imply that price was not a significant motivator in your decision to buy the less expensive tires but then try and justify it by saying that a more expensive tire, one that could be in a completely different category (like a UHP) might not be better, well....
21.gif

I'm also not saying you need a UHP. You probably don't. I'm just pointing out that your words seem to betray your actions here to some extent.

Money is always a factor could I have spent more yes but if these are more than adequate and cost less why not give them a shot. I was genuinely curious how they would do and wanted to find out. If they only last 20,000 Miles or the handling goes away quickly then I'll know hey those aren't very good go with a bigger name brand. But if you never try a cheaper product that has decent reviews you never know if your missing out on a good deal or not. I don't mind being a Guinea pig since the reviews were decent.

So an update after about 1500miles I started to get high speed vibrations . Had them rebalanced and the problem never went away. So in saying that I went with a tire I have extensive experience with. I have probably installed personally 50-75 sets of these they are nexen n5000 plus. I've always been impressed with nexen. Always take very little weight ride good drive good and wear well. I put a set of four on and the cars drives so well it's incredible. I've never personally owned them just installed them but I really do like the company. They came to where I used to work to show how they are made in comparison to other tires. I am sure nobody will believe that they are very good but they really are well made tires. So I won't be going back to milestar tires after this

So an update after about 1500miles I started to get high speed vibrations . Had them rebalanced and the problem never went away. So in saying that I went with a tire I have extensive experience with. I have probably installed personally 50-75 sets of these they are nexen n5000 plus. I've always been impressed with nexen. Always take very little weight ride good drive good and wear well. I put a set of four on and the cars drives so well it's incredible. I've never personally owned them just installed them but I really do like the company. They came to where I used to work to show how they are made in comparison to other tires. I am sure nobody will believe that they are very good but they really are well made tires. So I won't be going back to milestar tires after this

Thanks for the update.

Was there much of a price difference between the Milestar tires and the Nexen ones?

No there wasn't really. Less than 100 bucks. I should have just gone with nexen from the get go but thought I'd give them a shot and there reviews were decent. owell no harm no foul.

Last edited:
No there wasn't really. Less than 100 bucks. I should have just gone with nexen from the get go but thought I'd give them a shot and there reviews were decent. owell no harm no foul.

Getting close to A/S3 territory
wink.gif
LOL! Just bugging ya
grin.gif

Hopefully these work well for you. I had a friend who had Nexen's on his Mustang and I don't recall him having anything bad to say about them. My other buddy, who used to work in a parts store sold a lot of them as well, apparently they were well received.

In my opinion they are very well made. I used to love installing them because they always balanced out easily and never came back with an issue good year and cooper was another story. Those were probably they two big names that I had the most problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back