Super S High Mileage blend 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a $8.49 5 quart jug of the above, couldn't pass up the price.

Going in a 2003 Subaru with 160K miles that is currently running PHM 5w30 that I'm seeing if HM oil will help a rear main weep.

Conditions are primary city driving. Guessing 5000 for my OCI?

Any good/bad/meh thoughts about this oil? Per PQIA it seems non descript for the TBN, etc.

2003 Subarus dont really care what kind of oil you use. Ive used the smittys stash for awhile..good stuff for the price.

I doubt any oil will fix a rear main seal.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
2003 Subarus dont really care what kind of oil you use. Ive used the smittys stash for awhile..good stuff for the price.

I doubt any oil will fix a rear main seal.

Yeah, it seems to prefer a thicker 30 weight. But over the past 100,000 miles I've run Valvoline conventional and blend, Formula Shell conventional, Quaker State conventional and synthetic, Pennzoil conventional and synthetic...always just runs right along. The Subaru piston slap is quietest on thicker 30 weight oils or Moly heavy oils...but she just keeps taking whatever is asked of her and going right along.

The specs on Pennzoil conventional HM have it looking like my go to conventional these days, I just couldn't pass up $2.00/quart oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back