Audi buying back the 3-liter TDIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt is waiting for October 25th for the final approval from the courts for the buyback for the 2.0L TDIs.

She can't wait to get rid of her steaming pile. We're car shopping this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My aunt is waiting for October 25th for the final approval from the courts for the buyback for the 2.0L TDIs.

She can't wait to get rid of her steaming pile. We're car shopping this weekend.

Talk her into something reliable, but not boring. An Acura TLX is better and cheaper than a gussied up Camry or Accord.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Talk her into something reliable, but not boring. An Acura TLX is better and cheaper than a gussied up Camry or Accord.

But... The Acura TL is literally a gussied-up Honda Accord!
21.gif

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

But... The Acura TL is literally a gussied-up Honda Accord!
21.gif

True

She drove a Sonata Limited, extremely comfortable. Might get a Sport 2.0T though. Hyundai Tucson seats are not comfortable. Accord is on the list, so is the Avalon. I think we'll go to an Acura dealer too. Comfort is at the top of the list of requirements, 20k miles per year.

Her current TDI has been having A/C issues again. When we went last weekeng to the Hyundai dealership 25 minutes away, the A/C did not work at all. Was completely dead. It worked once we left though. It's already gotten a new compressor.

Those cars should have been bought back and crushed long ago.

A cynic ( me ) would say this has been one big stall all along, so the cars would continue to depreciate, get wrecked and paid by insurance, etc., and they could get them back cheaper.

Hopefully the customers won't get the screws put to them a second time.

Originally Posted By: Win
Those cars should have been bought back and crushed long ago.

A cynic ( me ) would say this has been one big stall all along, so the cars would continue to depreciate, get wrecked and paid by insurance, etc., and they could get them back cheaper.

Hopefully the customers won't get the screws put to them a second time.

What? The owners are getting the full market value of their vehicles from before the scandal. There is no further devaluation of the vehicles, and the customers with affected vehicles have already received $1000 in goodwill money.

The vehicle owners have done nothing but benefit from this entire thing. Better fuel economy and power than any competitor, $1000 in goodwill, and now a buyback at a number that would be impossible with or without the scandal. They're getting more money than their cars are worth, period.

She drove a Sonata Limited, extremely comfortable. Might get a Sport 2.0T though. Hyundai Tucson seats are not comfortable. Accord is on the list, so is the Avalon. I think we'll go to an Acura dealer too. Comfort is at the top of the list of requirements, 20k miles per year.

Her current TDI has been having A/C issues again. When we went last weekeng to the Hyundai dealership 25 minutes away, the A/C did not work at all. Was completely dead. It worked once we left though. It's already gotten a new compressor.

Chrysler 200.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Chrysler 200.

Why would know knowingly wish that giant P.O.S. on someone, let alone actually reccomend it?

Chrysler 200.

Why would know knowingly wish that giant P.O.S. on someone, let alone actually reccomend it?

Just. No.

We had a rental 200 with the 2.4 for a week. That's the only car my wife and I agreed was terrible. Gutless, thirsty, horrible visibility, horrible headlights, and the interior had more rattles than a baby's toybox.

Use the buyback money for something else. Just about any modern car is better than a 200.

Try a V6 with the hid lights. The Pentastar turns it into a rocket.

And then you'll have a rattlebox that can cook its brakes.

No. Just no. Stop it. The 200 is an utter and complete failure in every way.

Chrysler 200.

That car is made for fleets/rentals or people who drive a car currently so bad or outdated they feel it's an improvement. Jeep Compass:patriot had same idea.

Quote:
The 200 is an utter and complete failure in every way.
Wasn't this the Imported From Detroit and supposed to beat Accord and Camry? I recall a Super Bowl commercial from Chrysler few years ago. Is the car that bad?

Try a V6 with the hid lights. The Pentastar turns it into a rocket.

LOL, that engine is one giant POS among V6 engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back