Lexus IS 300 oil advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a 2016 Lexus IS 300 AWD F Sport
I have been reviewing the used oil analysis with not much luck.

My question is: Should I follow the manufacturers guidelines for oil change intervals?
I plan to use Toyota 0W20 oil since it is not much more than other 0W20 synthetic oils along
with a Toyota filter.
Is 10K miles realistic? Based on the owner's manual I do not drive under severe conditions.
Would like to hear from current owners on their oil change regimen.
This car has a 6.8 qt capacity.

I am planning to replace the oil and filter at 1K, just because.

wouldnt a high end vehicle like that have an OLM?

If it were mine and i were doing the changes at home I would go with Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 and a Fram or Wix and call it a day at 25% oil life until its broken in. Keep all receipts for warranty stuff.

If i was on the fence about what/when/why etc..i would just let the dealer do oil changes until my warranty ran out.

Like 72 said.I would(do) use the OEM oil filter and have done so for 13 years. Use the OEM air filter too. You won't find a better air filter element anywhere. No sense overthinking vehicle maintenance.

6.8 qt capacity and naturally aspirated? No problem. TGMO is one of the best motor oils available in 0w20 for the price. I wouldn't dump that factory fill at 1k either. Some people on here dump them early for their peace of mind. Some crazy people on here would run 15w40 in that motor for their peace of mind. The fact of the matter is, run OEM filters and 10k intervals on 0w20 and you won't have oil related wear in your ownership.

Don't think twice and just enjoy the car.

Originally Posted By: jayg
6.8 qt capacity and naturally aspirated? No problem. TGMO is one of the best motor oils available in 0w20 for the price. I wouldn't dump that factory fill at 1k either. Some people on here dump them early for their peace of mind. Some crazy people on here would run 15w40 in that motor for their peace of mind. The fact of the matter is, run OEM filters and 10k intervals on 0w20 and you won't have oil related wear in your ownership.

Don't think twice and just enjoy the car.

This^

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
wouldnt a high end vehicle like that have an OLM?

If it were mine and i were doing the changes at home I would go with Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 and a Fram or Wix and call it a day at 25% oil life until its broken in. Keep all receipts for warranty stuff.

This. If it has an OLM (and I'm sure it does), follow it. No need to dump the factory fill either.

For warranty reasons, it's always best to follow the oil/OCI requirements in the Owner's Manual as a minimum. My recommendations would be OEM oil filter and TGMO or high-quality synthetic oil meeting Toyota specifications.

I'd do 2k, then 3k and then every 5k after that. That way you'll know every 5k its time for oil change. Toyota oil and filters. Is this wasteful? Probably, but I'll sleep better.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
I'd do 2k, then 3k and then every 5k after that. That way you'll know every 5k its time for oil change. Toyota oil and filters. Is this wasteful? Probably, but I'll sleep better.

It would be a waste of money,time, and oil. His Toyota won't know the difference. Millions of them don't every single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back