Motul 7100 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using this oil in my Yamaha XJR 1300 for the last few years with no problems. I change oil at 10k klms as recommended by Yamaha.
Changed the oil fews days ago with same oil out of a new container. Went for ride and noticed engine vibration which is very unusual for this aircooled 4 cyl engine.
Did the usual checks such as engine mount bolt tightness & chain slack & all other bolts i could find,none were loose.
So had a look at the new container of Motul & was shocked to see 'Product of Vietnam ' on the back in small print.
Did a little googling and sure enough Motul have a facility in Vietnam to service the Aisa/Pacific region.
Im from Australia so Vietnamese blended Motul oil for us now instead of the French blended oils.
The old containers all were 'Product or made in France '

All i did was to change the oil & now have this vibration,cant be 100% certain its the oil but seems odd suddenly have engine vibrations.
Maybe new oil is not same quality as french made...but certainly is no cheaper than before.

Cheers

Motul makes some excellent lubricants. I keep some in my stash even though it's quite pricey here.

Big news that they opened a plant in Vietnam ... But I'd have to believe that they would maintain QC. Too much at stake as they are one of the top tier refiners/blenders. Bad oil going out with their name would be a huge issue
frown.gif

I can't say I've ever seen a specific oil cause a vibration, unless the engine was grossly overfilled. I'd be inclined to look at TB sync, plugs, injectors, valve clearances, connectors unplugged, vacuum leaks, etc.

Last edited:
We opened Vietnam for Motul Tech... Our industrial oils line (metalworking, compressor/gear oils, food grade etc). None of our PCMO oils come from there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Motul makes some excellent lubricants. I keep some in my stash even though it's quite pricey here.

Big news that they opened a plant in Vietnam ... But I'd have to believe that they would maintain QC. Too much at stake as they are one of the top tier refiners/blenders. Bad oil going out with their name would be a huge issue
frown.gif

Vietnam was opened for Motul Tech... Our industrial oils line (metalworking, compressor/gear oils, food grade etc). None of our PCMO/powersport oils come from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back