Bought a new 2014 Honda CB1100!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking bikes, anyone going to throw some Ohlins on one...?

That looks like a pretty tall windshield are you very tall or do you prefer to look through it? (or is it not as tall as it looks)

Originally Posted By: rrounds
I love it when they talk HP
This is from Cycle World 2014

"The 103 (1690cc) twin cam engine was introduced in 2012 on softtails.
From Cycle World in 2014: 76 HP at the rear wheel"

74 to the wheel, well that will light the road on fire. LOL

ROD

Whatever LOL

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: rrounds
I love it when they talk HP
This is from Cycle World 2014

"The 103 (1690cc) twin cam engine was introduced in 2012 on softtails.
From Cycle World in 2014: 76 HP at the rear wheel"

74 to the wheel, well that will light the road on fire. LOL

ROD

Whatever LOL

Thanks for the laugh. Lots of people I see riding really have nowhere near the skill necessary to get the most out of their bike.

Crafty older guy on his homebuilt chopper, probably knew the kid could run his mouth fast, but clearly had little to no skill in getting the best standing-start performance out of his bike.

In the kids defense, it DOES take real skill to get the best performance out of a Liter class sportbike, even a relatively tame one like the '05ish CBR1k in the vid.

The windshield is taller than I'd like for appearance, but I definitely look over it. I still might cut a few inches off for looks, but who knows. I'll probably never get around to it. It was well reviewed on the forums, and it wasn't very expensive. Ohlins are out of my price range. I was thinking more Progressive 412's in the heavy duty spring rate. Had those on an older Shadow and was very happy. No bottoming or wallowing. Haven't done much messing around with the bike yet. Need to increase the preload and that should help out.

I found the best height for a shield is right at nose level with the top of shield. Works good on the buffeting.

Updating the thread since I've been riding the bike a while.
Love it overall! But the stock seat and rear shocks will be upgraded in the near future I believe. I installed a rear luggage rack and top case. Bought but have not yet installed the side carriers and hard side cases. Installed a slip on muffler for a little more sound and a few other little changes like engine guards. Awesome bike for commuting. Good mpg and plenty of power for me.

Installed a K&H hi seat and the Hepco & Becker side carriers and side cases. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the locking part on one of the cases was broken, so I need to get a replacement. The bike is getting pretty well set up. Just need different rear shocks. Looking at Hagon Road Shocks. Seem to be a good value, set them up for your weight and riding style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back