2009 Honda Fit, 5994 Miles, Kendall 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced Kendall semi-syn 5W-30 in our recently purchased 2009 Honda Fit with PUP 5W-20, as part of the Shell oil change program.

Previous owner was going to a quick change place and he had been using Kendall semi-syn 5W-30 for several changes, though OM calls for 5W-20. The quick lube also used an under-size oil filter.

The car is mainly driven around town for short trips, though it had been on one long highway trip through the mountains during this interval. I did change the air filter when I bought it and fixed the airbox (broken clamp, box was not sealed 100%), so I thought the Si number would have been higher.

You've mentioned clearly it's a blend 5W30.
Could it be mistaken for a 5W20 ...... looking at the used KV@100*C .
confused.gif

Great.
For $3 more on a 6 pack you could get Kendall GT1 FS over the SS however we know you went to PUP...

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Solid report - how long will you go on the PUP?

I will go longer on the PUP, probably out to 8,000 miles or more.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Great.
For $3 more on a 6 pack you could get Kendall GT1 FS over the SS however we know you went to PUP...

The previous owner put the Kendall in the motor, having the changes down at a shop, not me. I got the PUP for free from Pennzoil, so you can't beat that kind of deal.

Originally Posted By: deven
That Fram ultra filter is doing a great job as well!

The UOA is from the cheap filter used by the shop. Tecselect it was called I believe, which I think is based on a Purolater classic design.

Yeah I did too- it was a great service and great oil.

Originally Posted By: kjbock
Great.

The previous owner put the Kendall in the motor, having the changes down at a shop, not me. I got the PUP for free from Pennzoil, so you can't beat that kind of deal.

Agreed. So far the engine actually runs quieter and smoother with the PUP, which surprised me considering the drop in grade.

Yeah I did too- it was a great service and great oil.

Originally Posted By: kjbock
Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back