What fuel line does Honda use on their OPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to replace some fuel line on my new-to-me snow blowers, and I'd like to use the same type of fuel line that Honda uses -- that lighter grey silicone-like fuel line. Does anyone know if you can buy it in bulk anywhere, or even what it is? Does it have silicone in it? It's the longest lasting, most pliable fuel line I've ever encountered. Still looks new on my 15 year old HR215.

Thanks.

I've not tried my local Honda OPE dealers, but I've never been able to find the stuff at auto parts stores, etc. I've been using silicone aquarium tubing lately. Soft, very pliable and strong.

Why not just buy normal black fuel line hose at the auto parts store? I've never had a problem with it. Other than it becoming stiff, but you don't ever touch a fuel line so it doesn't matter.

Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-FOOT-4-CLIPS-OEM-HONDA-FUEL-GAS-HOSE-LINE-5-5MM-ID-10MM-OD-95001-55008-60M-/381817455985?hash=item58e6180571:g:Uh4AAOSwqfNXlPJ0&vxp=mtr

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Why not just buy normal black fuel line hose at the auto parts store? I've never had a problem with it. Other than it becoming stiff, but you don't ever touch a fuel line so it doesn't matter.

I've had it to dry rot/crack after a short while. Given how durable the OE Honda line is, I'd rather do the job once than twice or three times.

Thanks guys -- after some poking around, I came across Motion Pro. It seems like they're the main vendor of this stuff in the aftermarket, and it looks like it runs about $5/foot on average (vs. about $1-2/foot for the neoprene stuff at Advance).

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Its usually stiffer and thicker walled... the grey/black tygon stuff is real nice. But I've used hose from Napa on my tractor no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back