Berryman b12 and Gumout regane, which first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother is buying a '99 Cherokee with the 4.0L with 110k.

Gonna run some fuel cleaners through it. I have one can of Berryman B12, and one container of Gumout Regane (with PEA).

I am going to run one though the fuel system, drive it empty, then add the next upon fill up.

Any benefit to run the B12 first or the Regane first since they are different types of cleaners? Maybe the b12 will dislodge some carbon and the regane will attack it better? Or vice versa?

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Berryman is some strong stuff! Why would you doubt it doing anything?

Which would you run 1st?

Berryman is some strong stuff! Why would you doubt it doing anything?

Because those types of solvents are useless. You need PEA which Regane should have.

Is there something wrong with the vehicle, or do you just feel like pouring some stuff in the tank besides gas?

Berryman should help dissolve any deposits. I've had very good results with it over the years. Avoided some carb disassembly for cleaning and whatnot. I run a can of Berryman through my gas tank occasionally. I check my gas mileage every fillup and have noticed gains in mileage if it has dipped over time. I would use Berryman first. Then a couple tanks without additives. Then the regane. I believe the PEA is much better at clearing carbon deposits in the combustion chamber, but the solvents in b12 clean everything else well. Worth a shot. Berryman is about $3.50 at Walmart.

You know what cleans [censored]. Gas. LOL. Find the actual problem, it's a Jeep so something is definitely probably failing or wrong with it.

Carbon buildup and varnish deposits from fuel happen. Doesn't hurt to run a cleaner to help minimize that. I run top tier fuel when possible so not much need for additives when the fuel comes blended with cleaners.

Berryman should help dissolve any deposits. I've had very good results with it over the years. Avoided some carb disassembly for cleaning and whatnot. I run a can of Berryman through my gas tank occasionally. I check my gas mileage every fillup and have noticed gains in mileage if it has dipped over time. I would use Berryman first. Then a couple tanks without additives. Then the regane. I believe the PEA is much better at clearing carbon deposits in the combustion chamber, but the solvents in b12 clean everything else well. Worth a shot. Berryman is about $3.50 at Walmart.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Heh Heh same anecdotal evidence. Berryman's is loaded with acetone,toluene,xylene It is worth a try before tearing down a lawnmower's carb. I used Regane once and a while with no noticed effect. Maybe because I used it once in awhile? Clean fuel and regular use goes a long way to keep a car going with out resorting to additives. If you don't use the car often and the fuel sits, then add stuff. and take it for an Italian tune up.

Originally Posted By: steve20

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I have had good luck with Berryman in the past too for older vehicles and small machines. No complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back