Keep this rim or go stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: Donald
I have also been told the BFG have a weaker sidewall than other LT tires and can contribute to death-wobble. But I can only push so hard.

In the truck/offroad world, Goodyear Duratrac tires are infamous for having weak sidewalls, not the BFG A-T T/A KO2's you currently have - which are a very well-respected tire.

Sounds like a good plan to have your current tires re-mounted and road force balanced on OEM rims.

HTH

The Duratracs are the ones with weak sidewalls, but everyone and their brother is in love with the BFG AT and AT KO2, never hear of any problems with them

I`ve heard the same issues with the BFG`s, they are a huge fanboy tire of course.
Personally I`ve run Hankook ATM RF10`s for years on all my 4wd and 2wd rigs without one issue. maybe give the Kooks a look when you need new rubber.

If it were me, I would just get new rubber on the OEM wheels and call it a day. in the long run based on your travel and time it would be the most cost efficient.

what were the issues with the HD wheel being unstable? this is of course after checking the balance and alignment of the truck?

IMHO I prefer to run the OEM wheels being they are HUB centric and not lug centric. Are those HD`s HUB centric to that Ford?
Now If I use any aftermarket wheel I always check the wheel bore and get the appropriate HUB centric rings.

I will be getting the OEM Cast Aluminum 18" wheels on Sat at no cost.

My guess is the dealer is getting another 2015 F250 with OEM wheels, pulling them and putting them on my truck. Then putting the ones on my truck on the other Ford f250. And another buyer gets these rims.

Of course this could have already happened before and thats why the wheels are on my truck. The aftermarket HD wheels keep getting moved from truck to truck.

With some pushing the dealer who sold me the vehicle put on the rims that it came with from the factory. I feel it's better, less likely to go into a spin. Obviously it's a little subjective.

Last edited:
So the OEM wheels have a 40mm offset and the ones that were on when I bought the truck had an offset of 20mm. So 40mm total or about 1.57". Thus a slightly wider distance between the OEM wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back