very slick - local Tire Rack distro center here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a winter tire and wheel package this morning from our new Tire Rack local distribution center. I did not know before I went online a few days ago that they opened one in Minneapolis, just 11 miles from my house. I saved almost 2 bills in shipping charges which more than offset the $45 in sales tax I had to pay. Tire Rack was about $60 cheaper including rebates than Discount Tire for the same package.

I saw the inside of the warehouse and it was very clean and very well organized. The concrete floor was very smooth and shiny, and all their lift trucks had urethane wheels on them. I did not see any mounting and balancing equipment inside, and am almost sure that they did not have this equipment onsite. My wheel/tire package came from Indiana, so since I ordered it on Sunday morning, they pulled it, mounted and balanced it, and trucked it to Minneapolis ready for pickup. The email I received stated that it would be ready for pickup TUESDAY afternoon actually, so that is fast service.

Thanks for the reminder. For the longest time, one could not pick up tires at the Newark, DE location. Now you can. Something about sales tax laws (there is no sales tax in DE though...).

That is HUGE!

The shipping costs from Tirerack sometimes negates any price advantages they have over brick and mortar for those of us that are not close to a warehouse.

So their website is best used to try and get your local tire store to offer a discount of some kind. They (local stores) are usually aware of the shipping costs as well from the Internet based tire stores.

Last edited:
I did a day trip to picked up a set tires at the Midway,GA center in August. It was also very clean and organized. Great customer service too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back