GO-5 Flush And Refill 04 MGM Joe's way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a neighbor with his 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis over to change the anti freeze which is original and is the motorcraft gold.. I picked up Zerex GO-5 and was going to do a flush with distilled water and then put in the two gallons of GO-5... well my brother volunteered to do the honors before i got home.. He drains the system puts the garden hose in the overflow tank until it comes out clear tightens up the drain on the radiator and just fills it up with the 2 gallons.. All done Joe style!
He did not test it with the test strips i asked him to bring home from his shop (he forgot) so who knows if there is too much anti freeze or too much water or who knows..I asked him how does he know without the strips what ratio is going in and His answer was its like making a good soup you put a little of this a little of that and hope it tastes good!
He says i worry to much..

since it holds 14qt or so.. 8 quarts of concentrate shouldn't be catastrophic.

that's within the 50-60% Range.

You could drain a gallon of the "soup" out and replace with a gallon of distilled water. That should put you close. Use a tester (strips or something) to see.

I think that system holds 19 according to his owners manual (i did not see it) .. I will have to check tomorrow i am thinking there is too much anti freeze in there and not enough water.

I've never used test strips after changing coolant.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back