Wife Got A Speeding Ticket....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Something to consider:

The X5 M is capable of a 12,5 ¼ mile time, and laps the Nordscheife in a VERY similar time to a comparable-year M3.

The car (SUV?) is an absolute riot.

A few years ago I sampled an X6M at a BMW ride and drive event; a guy behind me in an E92 M3 had an extremely hard time catching up with me.
These days I don't consider anything that runs much over 13 seconds in the quarter-mile to be legitimately fast- so the X5M definitely qualifies as quick.

All the more impressive when you factor in its 5,500lb curb weight.

I'd love to have one. A simple tune nets you more or less an additional 100hp/100tq.

Last edited:
Any experienced driver who does a decent commute discovers vehicle dynamics with no track time at all.
I've seen my wife demonstrate her intuitive grasp on those occasions when I've ridden as her passenger. She doesn't know the words to describe what the car is doing and how to handle it, but she does know how to drive.
Anyway, ninety or so in a BMW is nothing. The car is designed and engineered to go much faster and most of those who drive that way in Europe aren't the highly skilled aces so many like to pretend to be. The car was developed to protect its driver from his lack of advanced skills.
Main difference is that if you drive in Europe, the slower traffic doesn't sit in the left lane for some ridiculous period of time, although around the major cities, that isn't actually true.

Put 2 new valve covers on the car, leak looks fixed. Took a trip across town for dinner, and it's not that she's a fast driver, she's just never driven anything this fast...

Just getting on the freeway and merging into traffic it's difficult for her keeping the car under 100mph..she'll get it eventually...I hope

Quote:
I'm convnced some of the guys posting here live on those compounds where they keep the women captive and impregnat as many of them as possible having hundreds of kids.
On the contrary, those are the guys who are bitterly divorced.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
I'm convnced some of the guys posting here live on those compounds where they keep the women captive and impregnat as many of them as possible having hundreds of kids.
On the contrary, those are the guys who are bitterly divorced.

I assume I am included in the above so...

As I clearly stated my comments had nothing to do with gender. I would have said the same things about the OP who is the man/husband had he been the one speeding. For anyone to associate "me" with stuff like the above clearly shows a lack of reading comprehension and common sense. A negative comment about a woman's actions does not make you an anti woman cultist. Good lord the people on this site really over react to stuff like I have never seen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FranklinJL

Just getting on the freeway and merging into traffic it's difficult for her keeping the car under 100mph..she'll get it eventually...I hope

Step 1 - press accelerator to begin speeding up to merge onto highway.

Step 2 - glance at the speedometer now and then to ensure a safe speed

3 - If speed increases too fast and goes too high LET OFF accelerator a bit

Not hard. If someone can't do that they shouldn't be driving.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Step 1 - fully depress accelerator to merge onto highway.

Step 2 - glance at the speedometer to verify Ludicrous Speed.

Step 3 - If traffic is mild increase speed and Go Plaid.

Not hard. Get a radar detector and a lawyer and ignore the arbitrary speed limit.

Fixed it for you, buddy.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Does the navigation system have audible speed warning ?

Ayup. It's programmable as well. Originally intended to remind you if you installed a set of tires with a lower speed rating (snow tires.)

If you do not know how fast you are going, and what the speed limit is then my view is that you are not a very good driver, and thus deserve a ticket to point out your faults if caught going too far over the limit.

If OTOH you do know how fast you are going, and what the speed limit is then your are choosing to go at that speed and have to suffer the consequences if caught.

Originally Posted By: FranklinJL
Bought my wife a 2011 X5M. It had a valve cover leak...got that fixed, gave wife the keys. So today after some shopping she tells me she got a ticket for going 92 in a 70. I think I'm already regretting buying this car, as her daily driver was a Honda Pilot. She tells me it's to fast, I told her, it has a speedo like any other car.....????????

That level of incompetence isn't something to brag about. There's a chance that the pain of the fine and insurance increase will cause you both to think about your poor driving skills a little, but then there are some people that simply aren't mature enough learn no matter how much financial pain is inflicted.

Quote:
Why would you think so?

Because if he fails to assume he is in included he misses out on an opportunity to be righteously indignant about being included.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Quote:
Why would you think so?

Because if he fails to assume he is in included he misses out on an opportunity to be righteously indignant about being included.
whistle.gif

No, it is because I have been negative about the OP's wife and have already been called out for it in the thread previously.

How about you provide your credentials in regards to the "happy marriage" before you cast any negative comments about the OP's wife? Did I miss your reply touting your own happy marriage?

How about you provide your credentials in regards to the "happy marriage" before you cast any negative comments about the OP's wife? Did I miss your reply touting your own happy marriage?

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back