Electric Dryer - Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken apart my clothes dryer while attempting to replace a thermal fuse. While doing so, I also removed two wires (one above the other) that connected to the heating element. In re-connecting them, I am unsure which goes on top and which goes on bottom. Both wires are red and are connected to another area (again with top and bottom terminals) just behind this connection. I am thinking it would be 'top to top' and 'bottom to bottom' but it is only a guess. Anyone with any electrical knowledge have an idea?

Thanks a bunch,
Ryan

Ryan, are you talking about the large resistive heating element that warms the air? If so, it should not matter how it's connected -- it's just one long circuit and there's no polarity.

OK, I purchased a replacement fuse (which has the same number, 3392519, as OEM, and Amazon says fits my dryer model); however, it does not completely cover the hole on the dryer duct. The original was oval and maybe an inch wide, while this new one is more rectangular and about a half inch wide. Do you think using this new one will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back