RedLine Shockproof Heavy, 7.5k mi OCI, 45k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mileage is in kilometers not miles. Switched to another fill of same since mechanic said the fluid looked very heavy and smelled bad at pre-track inspection.

The previous fill was RedLine 75W-90 GL-5.

The report below has 5 track days on it with many diff overheats to 300F. The car has no diff cooler. I am going to add a diff cooler for next spring/summer. Should I keep running Shockproof Heavy or switch back to 75W90 after I do that?

tTSgqAl.png

The iron looks significantly better this run on the shock proof, however I think once you have a dif cooler I'd probably step back to the Red line 140wt or 80w90. It's a step in the right direction at least!

Thanks. I plan to run Red Line 75W90 (switching to it in early to mid November) in the winter before cooler in installed an see how it does compared to the GM one I had last winter (that had the high iron ppm).

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
The iron looks significantly better this run on the shock proof, however I think once you have a dif cooler I'd probably step back to the Red line 140wt or 80w90. It's a step in the right direction at least!

I don't know if it looks siginificantly better, but if you add an oil cooler you could go down in viscosity to 75W90.

Much of the heat generated in the diffy lube is coming from HP being dissipated in churning this thick goo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back