Ever heard of Sinto lubricants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, 1st post just joined. Honestly I've never needed to sign up as any question I've ever had has already been answered till now.

Have any of you heard of Sinto lubricants or have any info about the oils? I bought their syntop gear lube cause I saw a video and liked what I saw for what I needed. When I bought it they of course tried to talk me into their 15w40 but I thought I'd look into it especially with a $200cdn a pail price tag!!!

They claim it's a synthetic but that's literally all I can find and that doesn't tell me jack. www.Sinto.ca

All I can tell is that it's a Canadian company and the website is full of very cheap sales talk with no real data or numbers. Was hoping someone here could shed some light on this??

I would note that I don't see any API markings or formal certifications on any of their products. I see a lot of "recommended for" verbiage, but no approvals. I can't even find a data sheet anywhere for any of their products. Unless anyone can show more, not to mention justify that outrageous price you quoted, I'd avoid the stuff.

I don't see why you would consider them when there are so many good alternatives with proven and verifiable certifications and standards compliance. They look like a firm with an industrial / fleet customer base rather than one that caters to the motoring public. That might explain the lack of API compliance. On the other hand, they could be just selling bad oil.

I don't see an upside. It's your motor, but I guess the question I would ask is why?

It's more curiosity that's got me more then anything. They are charging more than amsoil but don't seem to have anything to back up their price point. I am always open to learning about new oils to run in my big rigs and thought it couldn't hurt to inquire on this one.

I vote to send some off for a VOA and see what it looks like. It may come back with a stout add pack. You never know.

Originally Posted By: mazdamonky
I vote to send some off for a VOA and see what it looks like. It may come back with a stout add pack. You never know.

So you or someone on here is able to predict the future performance of an oil in an engine based on a Blackstone VOA?

Originally Posted By: Crude_Iron
It's more curiosity that's got me more then anything. They are charging more than amsoil but don't seem to have anything to back up their price point. I am always open to learning about new oils to run in my big rigs and thought it couldn't hurt to inquire on this one.

They have a colorful website. Does that substitute for certifications? If I had a "big rig" there's no way in heck I'd run something that didn't properly carry every last one of the certifications required by the manufacturer. Way too much at stake.

I'm amused by one of their statements on the gasoline engine oil additive:

"It complies with the manufacturers' warranties motor and is covered by the warranty Sinto"

That's reassuring.

They've been around for a while,
I remember a friend who purchased a 5 gallon pail of SINTO synthetic 2-stroke outboard engine oil
around the mid-1990's. (125$ / 5 gallons)
Never any shelf space but you see countertop displays of their additives in many small shops.

ProLab Lubricants is another Quebec based (I think) specialty syn lube distributor.
Total Lubricants also have a distribution center in Montreal.

Last edited:
At least Total is a major with certified lubricants.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back