A tablet to bridge the gap...

it may help some but really the processor is so slow its like trying to make a netbook fast. you can do a few things to help it out..

but you cant get around the hamster for a processor and 1gb ram.

The one think you might get with an android tablet is Microsd support.. so theoretically you could buy a 32 or 64GB model and throw in a 128GB microsd. It seems like you like apple quite abit and can afford it maybe just get an ipad air 2 on sale ? Sell it and buy a new one when they come out if they have features you want?

I'd probably hold out at least until black friday for news and sales.

or you could try the bestbuy october apple sales event -75$

could get a 32gb for 325$, 128GB for 425$

I will ultimately get a new iPad. I keep a high end MBP as my main laptop, but also run a 2009-ish macbook air for travel, and my iPad from 2012. Apple products offer good lifecycle performance for me, and Im generally happy even with the iPad, since much of the performance issue I was having was full memory.

I want to keep one iPad backup and not have other stuff (photos especially) not transition over. Thus the selection of another tablet was kind of to do just that... Just be a web browser thats a bit faster until either a pro 2 comes out, or hopefully, since I don't need that much capability, an air 3 comes out.

Since its running much better, and since android tablets with similar specs are NOT any cheaper really, Ill just make do with my iPad retina until something changes.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Since its running much better, and since android tablets with similar specs are NOT any cheaper really, Ill just make do with my iPad retina until something changes.

Yeah, I think the Nexus 7 I used to use was an anomaly, a decently-speced Android tablet at a bargain price. When Google stopped releasing OS upgrades for it, I couldn't find anything similar in the Android market, so ended up with an iPad instead.

http://slickdeals.net/f/9220507-chuwi-hi...pping-gear-best

Decent chinese tablet for $160

Specs:

10.1" 1920x1200 IPS Touchscreen Display
Intel Atom x5-Z8300 1.44GHz Quad-Core Cherry Trail CPU
4GB DDR3L RAM
64GB eMMC Internal Storage
MicroSD card slot (up to 128GB)
MicroUSB Type-C
Micro HDMI port
2MP front & rear cameras
Dual Boot Operating Systems - Windows 10.1 / RemixOS (Android 5.1 Lollipop)
6500mAh Battery

Nice. One can install Torque on Android and Windows-based prop diagnostic software on Windows (Toyota Tech Stream in my case) on the same unit and bypass all the Apple BT nonsense. Thank you

My Samsung Galaxy tab A is starting to show its age.. running slow and now I believe the wifi antenna is pretty much shot every now and then it will disconnect and reconnect.. also hasn't had a software update in 2 yrs. my back up is a kindle fire 8 HD it's not very entertaining but does Skype, zoom and web surfing just fine.

My Samsung Galaxy tab A is starting to show its age.. running slow and now I believe the wifi antenna is pretty much shot every now and then it will disconnect and reconnect.. also hasn't had a software update in 2 yrs. my back up is a kindle fire 8 HD it's not very entertaining but does Skype, zoom and web surfing just fine.
I bought a Galaxy Tab S 5e in July. Yes it was $400...but worth every penny. My wife uses an iPad...two years old. I used to have an iPad as well. But after two Tab S2s and two Chinese Androids( both a waste of money), I'm sticking with the later versions of the Tab S series.

I bought a Galaxy Tab S 5e in July. Yes it was $400...but worth every penny. My wife uses an iPad...two years old. I used to have an iPad as well. But after two Tab S2s and two Chinese Androids( both a waste of money), I'm sticking with the later versions of the Tab S series.
I’m still holding off on any new tech purchases.. I picked up the fire hd 8 for around $50 Amazon was having a sale to promote the release of a newer model. My biggest concern with the kindle fire is the lack of security... it runs a modified android os and its a hybrid using the cloud as well.. where are these servers that Amazon uses?
Every so often I see documents in Chinese text appear on my device.

I’m still holding off on any new tech purchases.. I picked up the fire hd 8 for around $50 Amazon was having a sale to promote the release of a newer model. My biggest concern with the kindle fire is the lack of security... it runs a modified android os and its a hybrid using the cloud as well.. where are these servers that Amazon uses?
Every so often I see documents in Chinese text appear on my device.
Well, dont worry too much as far as what servers Amazon runs since it holds about one third of the cloud computing platform in the world.

"Although net sales from AWS are far below net sales for the North America segment, AWS's operating income is substantially higher. Net sales for the segment comprise about 12% of total net sales and operating income comprises about 57% of Amazon's total operating income.

Amazon controls about a third of the global cloud market, nearly twice as much as its next closest competitor. AWS's biggest rivals are Microsoft Corp.’s (MSFT) Azure and Alphabet Inc.’s (GOOGL) Google Cloud."

With that said, watch out for those cheap China products and also for viruses.

Well, dont worry too much as far as what servers Amazon runs since it holds about one third of the cloud computing platform in the world.

"Although net sales from AWS are far below net sales for the North America segment, AWS's operating income is substantially higher. Net sales for the segment comprise about 12% of total net sales and operating income comprises about 57% of Amazon's total operating income.

Amazon controls about a third of the global cloud market, nearly twice as much as its next closest competitor. AWS's biggest rivals are Microsoft Corp.’s (MSFT) Azure and Alphabet Inc.’s (GOOGL) Google Cloud."

With that said, watch out for those cheap China products and also for viruses.
For what its worth.. Should I sh!t can this kindle fire?

I have no clue and cant comment as I know nothing about Kindle other then my sister who loves to read always used and still uses one.
Though not a Fire. She uses the Kindle reader.
I gotcha ... Yes she has the paper white or e reader.. I will just stick with simple web browsing and email from trusted contacts and websites.

Back