Nexen tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with this company? I can get a set of 4 N5000 plus tires 255/40 R19 all seasons for around $550. Great deal but not if they suck.

Didn't like CP671 for the Subaru. But that isn't a SHP tyre.
Whats the tyre going on?
Thats a wide, low tire ... hope you don't wanna go thru a MA blizzard on a FWD car
smile.gif

Funny, I did FINE with 40 series FALKEN Zeix Summer tyres on my AerioSX 2wd wagon in a big storm in 2008 (was it?) in Wilmington MA. Still took 3.5 hours for a 1 hour drive.

ARCO the tires are going on a 2012 Audi A6. I have done 4 winters on that size Pirelli P6 tires without any issues.

Ya any big storms and it takes forever to get anywhere as most people don't do anything above 30mph!!!

Originally Posted By: deven
Anyone have experience with this company? I can get a set of 4 N5000 plus tires 255/40 R19 all seasons for around $550. Great deal but not if they suck.

I've put 2 sets of the the N5000's on my daughter's 03 Camry. She only get about 30K before they need replacement. Other than wearing out too fast, they have been good tires. This time we are getting Michelin's. Hopefully they will last longer.

Of the budget tyre brands Nexen seem to have a good reputation with some excellent showings in comparative tyre reviews.

My W204 Mercedes came to me with premium Michelin tyres on the front and brand new Nexen Nblue Eco's on the rear. Having since done a tyre rotation to even out wear I now have them the other way around and I can't feel any difference in grip or tyre noise. At little over half the price of the Michelins I can't fault them for then money.

Originally Posted By: chunt

I've put 2 sets of the the N5000's on my daughter's 03 Camry. She only get about 30K before they need replacement.

This is the biggest complaint I've read while reading the reviews on tirerack.com. The Pirellis I have on right now that needs replacing have given me about 40K miles so if I get the Nexen's and they give me 30K miles I also would be happy since they'd be half the price of the Pirellis.

JUNK!!!

I bought some for my SiLs car and the side started to split. Thought she hit something but 2 tires coming apart on the same level in a complete perfect circle.
Do a search for "nexen tires sidewall cracking" and see the lawsuits and complaints rack up.

Contacted Nexen and they were no help and the distributor did not support them and said to go to the maker.

Spend a little extra for the Kumho Ecsta 4X II There is a rebate right now as well. They are a good all season performance tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...romCompare1=yes

I think they would be fine. Since someone else mentioned Kumho ecsta 4x tires, I would very much so recommend these. I have used them the past two changes on my Protege. First tires when I bought it were Fuzion tires. The next set were falcon's. Both were good tires, but neither lasted much past 20k. I tried another set of tires and they lasted 20k miles also. The kumho Ecsta 4x tires lasted 30k and still have a little life left in them. Currently I bought a new set of wheels and tires with the 4x II and they are just as good but seem to do better on treadwear. These tires have amazing grip in both the dry and wet for an all season tire and have done me good in the little bit of snow we get here too. last year we had about 8 inches and I had no problems at all. I believe both sets are on pace for the 40k mile rated life which is very welcome on my Protege as I have never had that in the past. I am planning on running the older set through the winter or next time I know I am putting a lot of miles on the car in a couple of trips.

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
JUNK!!!

I bought some for my SiLs car and the side started to split. Thought she hit something but 2 tires coming apart on the same level in a complete perfect circle.
Do a search for "nexen tires sidewall cracking" and see the lawsuits and complaints rack up.

Contacted Nexen and they were no help and the distributor did not support them and said to go to the maker.

Spend a little extra for the Kumho Ecsta 4X II There is a rebate right now as well. They are a good all season performance tire.

What model did you have the bad experience with?

Well it seems that most have good things to say about this tire so I may try it out. Just found it funny though that Nexen touts this particular tire for 65,000 tread life mileage and people are not getting more than 30,000 miles out of them. For $550 if I get 30,000 miles out of them I'd still be getting my money's worth.

Last question though, I read a few reviews on tirerack claiming that they saw a deacrease in gas mileage with these tires. Anyone have had this happen to them while using any Nexen tires?

Well it seems that most have good things to say about this tire so I may try it out. Just found it funny though that Nexen touts this particular tire for 65,000 tread life mileage and people are not getting more than 30,000 miles out of them. For $550 if I get 30,000 miles out of them I'd still be getting my money's worth.

Last question though, I read a few reviews on tirerack claiming that they saw a deacrease in gas mileage with these tires. Anyone have had this happen to them while using any Nexen tires?

the N5000 Plus is a totally different tire than the N5000 it replaced.

Tirerack doesn't sell the N5000 PLus, so, how does people submit reviews for a tire Tirerack doesn't sell?

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

the N5000 Plus is a totally different tire than the N5000 it replaced.

Tirerack doesn't sell the N5000 PLus, so, how does people submit reviews for a tire Tirerack doesn't sell?

I did a Google search and it showed up. Maybe I was reading the wrong reviews.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

You're right. I was reading reviews a couple of weeks ago and thought I had read them on tirerack.com but it was on Walmart and tirereviewsandmore.com.

Originally Posted By: ET16
Originally Posted By: Jimzz
JUNK!!!

What model did you have the bad experience with?

It was the 5000 series. I deleted the pictures recently but found the old e-mail to nexen. They saying go to a dealer and the dealer say they will not touch them as nexen did not pay them back for warranty/repair claims. So bad tires and no support, even the dealers selling them.

I had a set of CP672 on my Civic and I really loved them, until they all started to need air all the time, the rubber became porous and just leaked everywhere, unfixable, unpatchable, that is the last set I will ever have, but until that happened, they were great tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back