Starting Back Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you know that I used to do charity OCI's for the less fortunate in my apt. complex. Then, I started doing them for people at my church that were less fortunate, and, at another apt. complex. These apt. complexes are disabled and elderly people over the age of 60.
Two local indy garages started complaining, stating I was taking their business away from them. My cousin and friend were doing all of the labor (I am disabled) and WE NEVER collected ONE RED CENT for our services! BITOG member 2015_PSD donated some oil to me 4 years ago and all he asked in return was to pay it forward. And, I did, and some! So many other members here joined in and donated oil and filters. I THANK YOU ALL!
Well, one of the garages is now closed down, and the other one only opens a day or 2 a week, if that. So, I was asked by one of my neighbors if I would PLEASE change her oil. I found an indy shop owner 6.5 miles away from me that will donate his time and labor (Only $10) to do the OCI's, as long as the oil and filter be provided. I agreed and will have my first few OCI's this week. BITOG member MOBILALTIMA has started the ball rolling again by providing me with some oil filters he donated. Thank you so very much member MOBILALTIMA!
I am paying the $10 and for ANY oil and filters that I need. I have saved almost $200 and this is a great start!
zwcp5f.jpg

So this shop is doing the oil change for $10 as long as oil and filter are provided? That is very affordable.

If you need any oil or filters let me know. I would be willing to do a few jugs of Supertech pick up in store or send a few filters from rockauto!

Originally Posted By: mazdamonky
So this shop is doing the oil change for $10 as long as oil and filter are provided? That is very affordable.

If you need any oil or filters let me know. I would be willing to do a few jugs of Supertech pick up in store or send a few filters from rockauto!

Thank you sir, in the future I might take you up on that offer. I am trying my hardest to do as much of this on my own to help out the less fortunate.
At first I was leery about posting anything here about this. The last time I was doing this there were a couple of members here that hounded me; in other words, wanted proof of what I was doing. I told them to PM me and I would provide names, addresses, and phone numbers to the people that were getting the OCI's. No one ever PM'ed me. This time around, I am NOT asking for anything, the same as I didn't before. So, if anyone wants to hound me, I live in La. and you can PM for directions to my apt.!

BlueOvalFilter: from one veteran to another; if you think of filters or whatever you need please let me and other gracious BITOG members know. I'll gladly help you

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

At first I was leery about posting anything here about this. The last time I was doing this there were a couple of members here that hounded me; in other words, wanted proof of what I was doing.

Oh my word people! If you don't think it's legit don't contribute and shut up.

Good on you BOF! You are a well known member in good standing and excellent reputation I for one would not ever question your integrity. Keep up the good work.

Any particular filters you need? Some of the Rock Auto filters on close out could be shipped pretty cheap.
Also, do you have a Walmart nearby? Wonder if members could order online for you to pickup there (not sure if paying by credit card, I think they want to see the card, but if by paypal you should be able to).

Thanks for your service, both for our Country and for your neighbors in need.

[Also, do you have a Walmart nearby? Wonder if members could order online for you to pickup there (not sure if paying by credit card, I think they want to see the card, but if by paypal you should be able to).

Thanks for your service, both for our Country and for your neighbors in need. [/quote]

Yes, purchasing from Walmart and having BOF pick up the order is possible. He and I talked about this a few months ago. Your Paypal idea is a good one too...all he needs is an email address for folks to send some money.

BOF, you are changing people's lives...one oil change at a time
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
No good deed goes unpunished.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of life?

BOF is doing something kind and generous, and this is all you've got to say? Really?

Originally Posted By: eagle23
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
No good deed goes unpunished.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of life?

BOF is doing something kind and generous, and this is all you've got to say? Really?

It's all good.
smile.gif

Members, I really appreciate your kindness! But, at the moment, I have things under control. Before, when I was doing this, it kind of overwhelmed me just a bit. I never knew that there were so MANY caring souls out there! Please, thank BITOG member 2015_PSD for starting this! If it had not been for him and his kindness a few years ago, I couldn't have done any of this!
I will keep you members posted, those that want to donate! I want to thank ALL of you, and, may God Bless each of you, and your families as well!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Thank You BlueOvalFilter for being a wonderful addition to BITOG and a wonderful person. Doing good in life has no end
smile.gif

BlueOvalFitter,

Let me know if you need more oil and/or filters, BITOG would be glad to help out.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
BlueOvalFitter,

Let me know if you need more oil and/or filters, BITOG would be glad to help out.

Wayne

OMG! Mr. Wilson, how could I ever thank you so much!
Currently, I have 4 OCI's lined up. The filters that member MOBILALTIMA sent me will be used on all 4 of the vehicles. But, I want MOBILALTIMA to know, that the filter he added for my truck is going to be used on a 1999 Mustang 3.8 V6.
smile.gif

The PS-21348's will be going on a 1993 Geo Prizm, an 03 Neon, and a 2004 Ranger. Also, my friend with the shop gets his courier parts from a NAPA store. He told me if I ever need any oil or filters that he would provide them at his cost! This time around, I KNOW God meant for me to start this up again!
It also gets better. My doctor has allowed me to do very light duty work. I.E; not to lift ANYTHING over 15 lbs, no ladder climbing, not to exceed walking more than 150' before taking a rest, and, a few other minor details. So, this means that I can help do the OCI's, or, any other light duty work around my friends garage. I also have been busy putting applications in all over the place, and, online as well.
Again, Mr. Wilson, I want to thank you, AND, ALL of the BITOG members for your support and your generosity. But most of all, I want to thank BITOG member 2015_PSD for being so kind and generous when I needed help at the lowest part of my whole ordeal! If he only knew how much a kind act on his part has changed my life, and the lives of so many other less fortunate people around here where I live! Thank you sir!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Got to thinking....if just changing oil for these folks caused one shop to close and another to operate at reduced hours, must not have been a very good shop or they were charging these residents an arm and a leg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back