Recommended oil and filterfor Wide Glyde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am working on a 2001 Dyna Wide Glyde. I believe it holds 3Qts. What oil do you recommend. I did purchase a Valvoline 20w50. I am wishing to get it sold this fall if I can.

I have been gone awhile and I come back to read my question in the humor section. I do not understand this, as I was asking a legitament question. People ask if an oil or filter a Walmart is okay or something. I was asking what oil and filter would minimally meet the needs of my 01' Dyna Wide Glyde. I have not been able to ride it for 7 yrs. I was wanting to change oil and some other recommended things and get it running again. I didn't feel to put Amsoil or Harley oil in it at this time. So I was asking for suggestions. I hope this treatment was not intentional. Again thanks for your understanding.

IIRC, it calls for a JASO MA-approved 20W-50. Considering that (and the air-cooled H-D's high oil temps), I would run any synthetic 20W-50 MC oil.

If you do not have an oil cooler, get one.

i'm sure no offense was meant. can't speak for dwc28, but i took his comments to mean it was funny that you posted it in the humor section instead of in the motorcycles and motorcycle lubrication section. that was my take and in light of that it was humorous.

it happens, more often to me! LOL

you will get answers here but maybe a few more if you ask a moderator to move it to the motorcycle lubrication section..

send a pm(private message) to wwillson

good day

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer
Hello, I am working on a 2001 Dyna Wide Glyde. I believe it holds 3Qts. What oil do you recommend. I did purchase a Valvoline 20w50. I am wishing to get it sold this fall if I can.

The Valvoline 20/50 is perfect for your bike, if it was me trying to sell the bike I would take the effort to put on an OEM Harley filter.
Why you may ask?
It will show the people looking at the bike that is was well cared for with quality parts for someone who may take a good look at the engine. (like people in forums here*L*)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
IIRC, it calls for a JASO MA-approved 20W-50. Considering that (and the air-cooled H-D's high oil temps), I would run any synthetic 20W-50 MC oil.

You are mistaken. There is no japanese oil standard that any Harley oil has to meet or excede.,,,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna

You are mistaken. There is no japanese oil standard that any Harley oil has to meet or excede.,,,

'Cause 'Murica!

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna

'Cause 'Murica!
?.,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back