Battery group guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 34/78 installed, from Advance, tried Wal-Mart and they would not sell it because it was not showing as the correct battery EVEN though that was the old battery size. I wanted the dual post because the unused side posts could be filled with the lead screw in charging posts that make a great place to clip battery cables to. Add good cables from e-bay (often 20' 4 gauge copper for $20 shipped), a set of gloves, and some safety goggles, and you have an economical system to jump start other vehicles.

this is why i deal with a real battery shop.bens battery in dayton.also dayton electrical and battery.never have an issue with them and the owners know why i spec what i did in the first place.
basically if it will fit the tray,clear the hood,and meet original cca your good.i want all the reserve capacity i can get and such a battery will be much less likely to fail in warranty.sorry but advice from a walmart "tech" is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
I have a 34/78 installed, from Advance, tried Wal-Mart and they would not sell it because it was not showing as the correct battery EVEN though that was the old battery size. I wanted the dual post because the unused side posts could be filled with the lead screw in charging posts that make a great place to clip battery cables to. Add good cables from e-bay (often 20' 4 gauge copper for $20 shipped), a set of gloves, and some safety goggles, and you have an economical system to jump start other vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back