QSUD technical data

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was bored and thought I would look at QSUD technical data and here's what I found. Crazyoildude should be happy
smile.gif

http://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/product...c_Motor_Oil.pdf

http://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/product..._Motor_Oil_.pdf

LOL.. I saw that but i think that is a 2013 pds or possibly 14.. Thanks..
Honestly i Liked the QSUD a lot.. I just don't like their oil containers that some of them are not all the way full.. I do believe the Mobil 1 cleans much better than the QSUD i see it in about 2000 miles already but my engines were also a little quieter with the QSUD.

Good Oil.

Crazyoildude: you knew I was breaking your balls
smile.gif
. PDS is from 2014

Also, you're missing out on the $15.98 QSUD and rebate

M1 oils in my Focus have been noisy; dunno why as QSGB is quiet

I went back yesterday to the Wal mart TLE(tire, lube and express) near Ohio line where I got first jug of QSUD. They now are stocked with QSUD, but only 5w20, 5w30 and 10w30. It's not on "rollback" either. Go figure

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
LOL.. I saw that but i think that is a 2013 pds or possibly 14..

It's 2015. How much newer do you need? Given that it's still dexos1 and the SN/GF-5 specifications are current and unchanged and nothing from the ACEA has been tossed in there, and SAE J300 remains unchanged, I see no need to update it.

If you want to complain about a Shell data sheet, take a look at the Canadian Formula Shell and Formula Shell Synthetic ones and compare the two line by line.
wink.gif

It's still over a year old too bad they don't improve their jugs and fill them up to the 5 quart mark all the time i would buy them again. I liked the QSUD my engines were quieter than with the M1 But the Mobil 1 is cleaning much better.. I can see it already and it gets darker quicker, the qsud stayed looking the same color as when i put it in a lot longer.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
It's still over a year old too bad they don't improve their jugs and fill them up to the 5 quart mark all the time i would buy them again.

Maybe they should just lower the 5 quart mark, since I wouldn't trust a plastic jug's graduations in the first place.

I went into a Walmart here,and saw at least 5w30 on the shelf. I engaged one of the guys in automotive. He was like where is your proof. I said get online yourself and see. Sure enough there it was and out of stock. I told him I am not driving an hour to get the oil I need when you have it right there on the shelf. He finally said I am not going to argue, go get your oil. I got two jugs of the 5w30 at least at the 15.98 price. Now I got to find 0w20 at Menard's or something.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Quote:
I saw that but i think that is a 2013 pds or possibly 14..

It's 2015. How much newer do you need? Given that it's still dexos1 and the SN/GF-5 specifications are current and unchanged and nothing from the ACEA has been tossed in there, and SAE J300 remains unchanged, I see no need to update it....

This...completely.

The more I read this forum the more I've developed a greater appreciation for when actual facts or data are posted as opposed to rumor, hearsay, innuendo or sadly outright lies. QSUD is a quality synthetic oil with an excellent listing of specifications, approvals and recommendations as can be readily seen in both topic linked pdfs. Interested readers should take the time to read both of the up to date, current pdfs posted and decide for themselves. Otoh, imo it's best readers ignore the posted extraneous tripe or prattle as it were.

From personal experience of having just purchased the 0w20 viscosity jug, packaging is sound and filled to the specified level.

The PQIA's analysis of QSUD 5W30 from early this year has at least one discrepancy with the company's own data...

http://www.pqiadata.org/QuakerState5W30dexos.html

The -30C CCS viscosity is around 5000 cP according to SOPUS and around 4000 according to the PQIA...surprised they are so different.
The PQIA's 2013 analysis from 2013 was generally similar to the new one, including CCS, so I doubt this is because the PQIA result is newer than the company's own data. Sometimes the product data sheet will just quote a round spec limit number to show that they meet it, but I doubt that's the case with 4930 cP!

NOACK is impressive per the PQIA 2013 and 2015...I was using this product until I became wary of the calcium dose in my DIT and switched back to M1 (and now EP for winter and ESP for warm weather).

Last edited:
What i meant was when an oil gets darker quickly it usually means it is cleaning better... The Mobil 1 seems to be doing a good job cleaning... Just like when i used to use Pennzoil yellow bottle it really kept my engines clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back