L14610 Purolator Classic 8K

Status
Not open for further replies.
No tears or wavy media? Could this be a counterfeit filter? They don't always look this good brand new.. Maybe its an old filter when they used to be good..

Must be huh. RockAuto closeouts I bought a couple years ago.

Supertech 5w30 dino + a few ounces of MMO. Replaced with a Car Quest Premium and some Supertech Full Synthetic 5w20 to get through winter.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
No tears or wavy media? Could this be a counterfeit filter? They don't always look this good brand new.. Maybe its an old filter when they used to be good..

Yup ... before the Tearolators hit the streets.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Wow that is an old filter
F11C05E1
November 5, 2011

Yeah this old one does look very good. I have the ability to run the 14612s which have had no problems. Unlike the 14610s which have had issues.

Looks good for a Purolator - I'm sure the date code had something to do with that.

Having said this.. now that Puro has discontinued these filters in favor of the new designs/models.. a thought occurred to me. I wonder when we'll end up seeing the very last C&P on here of a Puro Classic..

Weld that back together and put her back in, looks wonderful. Dont be discouraged by the naysayers who proclaim that Purolator has issues, 95% of that was disgruntled posters who cut the media while opening.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Weld that back together and put her back in, looks wonderful. Dont be discouraged by the naysayers who proclaim that Purolator has issues, 95% of that was disgruntled posters who cut the media while opening.

One broadcaster is still kickin'.
lol.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: Stewie
3 months is nothing, real test is at least 5 months
The could go far longer than that, assuming average mileage per month. I put about 18,000 miles (three oil changes) apiece on many of those (including Kmart filters, which were thinly disguised Purolator Classics), with zero serious problems. There was very little to see in the media, except a few particles of carbon. That was all before the tearing issues surfaced.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Looks good for a Purolator - I'm sure the date code had something to do with that.

Having said this.. now that Puro has discontinued these filters in favor of the new designs/models.. a thought occurred to me. I wonder when we'll end up seeing the very last C&P on here of a Puro Classic..

They still make them, they're just now a red can and simply called a Purolator instead of having the Classic suffix. That's how they were when I was growing up, there wasn't any special names for them, just a good old Purolator oil filter. They were called Premium Plus prior to Classic coming around.

Simple Definition of proclaim

: to say or state (something) in a public, official, or definite way : to declare or announce (something)

: to show (something) clearly

I think that the Puro issues were clearly shown many, many times on bitog. Also, it's not just the filter media that has issues.
24man20.jpg

Originally Posted By: funflyer

I think that the Puro issues were clearly shown many, many times on bitog. Also, it's not just the filter media that has issues.

What you have sir is a bunch of people sitting around a campfire PROCLAIMING that purolator filters have issues. I propose instead it is just a bunch of people sitting around a campfire talking about oil filters because they dont want to talk about their personal lives. There has been, and never will be a an actual scientific discussion or experiment because the people here are simply not qualified to judge a filter failure.

Originally Posted By: funflyer

What you have sir is a bunch of people sitting around a campfire PROCLAIMING that purolator filters have issues. I propose instead it is just a bunch of people sitting around a campfire talking about oil filters because they dont want to talk about their personal lives. There has been, and never will be a an actual scientific discussion or experiment because the people here are simply not qualified to judge a filter failure.

So what in your mind would give "proof" that Purolator filters had a tearing media problem? You won't believe it unless Purolator admits it? You'll never hear Purolator admit the problem ... we all know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back