Milestar ms932 opinion's and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone . A local tire shop near me that does have a good reputation quoted me a price of 382 mount balance tax and all for 4 of these tires. They have good reviews from what I can tell . He told me they have very good luck with them and would most certainly put them up against any tire in its class. He has a good reputation. So I want to know what you guy's think? Who makes them ECT. Thank you guys.

Nankang Tires

Milestar is made by Nankang Rubber Tire, a Taiwanese company dating back to 1940. (Quoted)

I ran Nankang Tour... somethings on my 1995 Riviera S/C and the sidewall seemed really weak on them compared to the Falkens that replaced them later on. They squirmed in the corners on a heavy car pretty bad, especially with the torque that 3800 S/C made. Later on had a sidewall puncture as well going up a dirt driveway (suspected). Whole sidewall seemed distorted and the tire was junk with just a few thousand. Suspicious it happened right near the wheel weight, never noticed that until now, and the photo is almost 4 or 5 years old.

Last edited:
Well....since I actually used these tires I will comment. I had a Honda Accord that came OEM with Michelin MXV4 and they were terrible tires. Due to an alignment issue I wore out the front two tires and replaced them with the tires you asked about-since I was going to be trading the car in in the near future.

They were actually quieter than the Michelins and were a fine tire for the 10,000 miles I owned them-including a trip from So. Cal to Utah-that was done in the heat of summer with temps over 100 past Las Vegas.

A road hazard such as a rock (on a dirt driveway) will take out many passenger tires sidewall---not just Chinese ones.

Last edited:
It will come down to, you get what you pay for sometimes. Good tires are something that can make you smile every mile, and the good ones are cheaper per mile than oil/gas/etc. Spend the money on tires, instead of stripes.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Well....since I actually used these tires I will comment. I had a Honda Accord that came OEM with Michelin MXV4 and they were terrible tires. Due to an alignment issue I wore out the front two tires and replaced them with the tires you asked about-since I was going to be trading the car in in the near future.

They were actually quieter than the Michelins and were a fine tire for the 10,000 miles I owned them-including a trip from So. Cal to Utah-that was done in the heat of summer with temps over 100 past Las Vegas.

A road hazard such as a rock (on a dirt driveway) will take out many passenger tires sidewall---not just Chinese ones.

I ran this driveway for years later with different tires and never had a problem. Even on my 1983 Fleetwood on little 205 width tires. I later rented a room at this house on the mentioned dirt road. I also never confirmed that the dirt road did the damage as it didn't leak. Also the sidewall contortion was even more suspicious considering I don't curb anything I drive.

The tires were trash, and Kuhmo's on it were much better (albeit bald). If this is a secondary line and the primary companies products left me disappointed... Well...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PolarisX

I ran this driveway for years later with different tires and never had a problem. Even on my 1983 Fleetwood on little 205 width tires. I later rented a room at this house on the mentioned dirt road. I also never confirmed that the dirt road did the damage as it didn't leak. Also the sidewall contortion was even more suspicious considering I don't curb anything I drive.

The tires were trash, and Kuhmo's on it were much better (albeit bald). If this is a secondary line and the primary companies products left me disappointed... Well...

You have no direct evidence the construction of said tires contributed to the sidewall failure. It only takes ONE ROAD HAZARD - ONE TIME -ANY TIME to puncture ANY TIRE. Further more, this incident is 4 years old-you have no idea of any possible product changes (improvements) in this time and your still bashing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I wouldnt go on "good luck" when buying tires. Id opt for Cooper or other brand with more of a reputation.

+1

I just love it when people get so upset they save a picture of a product that may/may not even be made anymore for 4 years on their computer.....

I have to be honest. I've had Cooper's they were terrible tires. I've had Goodyear's that were also a poor tire. I've had kumho and sumitomo tires though that were both good. It's interesting in how people just assume that since the tire isn't a name brand it has to be awful.....we will use off brand oil and that's the life blood of an engine. but the tires being private label just isn't ok?

My local indy tire shop will throw a set of these on for folks on a budget with larger tire sizes.

They do fine, but wear pretty fast. So if you do get them, expect to replace them within a few years if you drive a decent amount.

Other than that, your Dart will do fine on them in MO....

though not for too much more you could go for General RT43 or Cooper CS3/CS5....

There are a few things that there are no other options than a made in China-electronic gadgets, just about anything at Walmart, etc. However, when it comes to something as critical as tires there are plenty of better options than rolling the safety dice with a made in China product. Safe to say you'll not find them on anything I own.

If you can afford a new car, and you can afford to make payments on it, then you should be able to afford quality tires when the time comes.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
There are a few things that there are no other options than a made in China-electronic gadgets, just about anything at Walmart, etc. However, when it comes to something as critical as tires there are plenty of better options than rolling the safety dice with a made in China product. Safe to say you'll not find them on anything I own.

If you can afford a new car, and you can afford to make payments on it, then you should be able to afford quality tires when the time comes.

What dictates quality if they are as good as he says then they would be quality at an affordable price.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

What dictates quality if they are as good as he says then they would be quality at an affordable price.

Why would anyone trust that they are as good as he says? Rolling the dice on a key safety item is silly when better quality with better deals can be easily found.

woah ... woah. Hold on there, CKN.

This is bobistheoilguy.com you can not say anything negative about any sort of Michelin tire here. Especially when you are praising something that is not a Michelin.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

woah ... woah. Hold on there, CKN.

This is bobistheoilguy.com you can not say anything negative about any sort of Michelin tire here. Especially when you are praising something that is not a Michelin.

GOOD ONE!
grin.gif
Look at the replies on this thread. I'm the only one that has any experience with the actual product. The rest of the comments are BITOG anti-Chinese non sense. You can see the answers coming on a thread like this before you even click to open it up.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back